• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 175
Total: 175

Egg bound

Started by b125killer, January 17, 2013, 06:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I lost my silver angel. I think she got egg bound. Her tube came down the other day and I thought that that she was going to spawn. She never did spawn and her tube got swollen and then she keeled over. She was always so healthy I haven't had any problems with her before. Now I'm not to sure what to do with the male. Should I put him back in the community tank and let him pick a female or just put another female with him and see what happens? 
Scott

Mugwump

Sorry about the silver, that sucks....but happens ....
   He's better off pairing off in a community tank..but, if you have female in mind....put him in a 5 gal bucket of tank water....choose your female, add her to the bucket....clean and change water in the tank, move the plant/slate/everything around in there....add them both back to the tank. In this way, they'll both be going into a new/different environment.....then cross your fingers they get along, some bickering is expected..but sometimes they hit it off just fine from the get go..
What's the male??

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

here is a pic of the pair. The male is the marble. I know I have some female koi het for PB. And I have a few blue females. I might let him pick his new mate. I'm not to sure what to put in there with him. Too bad the blue marbles are to small to spawn. That and I'm not sure what they are yet. 

Scott

PaulineMi

Sorry that you lost your angel.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thank Pauline, she will be missed.
Scott

b125killer

I put the male back into the community tank. I hope he picks one of the koi but I'll let him choose. It just seems more fair to let them decide who they hook up with.
Scott

ilroost

good luck.I think that is the right way to do it. Kinda like us, pick the one you want to be with

Frank The Plumber

If you don't score a lady for him by the GCCA swap give me a shout. I have some womenses angelfish hanging around. I have a smokey blush gold marble het Albino. an albino Pb, a blue silver glitter, a blue clown het albino. I may have a female koi that is a good match for your marble as well. I'm bringing on a lot of new blood into my pair stocks now that some of my cross work is maturing.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

Thanks Frank, I'll let you know if he doesn't chose anyone.
Here is a Koi I hope he picks. I love the color in her crown.
At least I think it's a female. This is one I got from Jon that is het for pb

Scott

Mugwump

Looks like the gold marble ghost/het for PB that was in that batch......is the male a PB marble ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I wish my PB marbles where big enough to breed. there about the size of a silver dollar, and I don't know what sex they are yet.
Scott