• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 195
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 171
Total: 172

I have dots!

Started by LizStreithorst, June 02, 2015, 09:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

That is...Pearl Gouramie fry.  They never make a bubble next but I'd noticed over the past few days that dan had his wife hiding while he was staying close to the surface on one side of the tank apparently guarding something.  This morning I saw the tiny dogs swimming around :)  They always have way too many fry so after they grow a bit I'll start scooping them up and using them as live food.  The LFS will take the few that I decide to raise.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wiggs

Hey, Liz Let me talk to Jon, I might take some of the fry off of your hands. We both love pearl gouarmies. I will pay for the shipping. ;D
Jan

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2015, 09:23:19 AM
That is...Pearl Gouramie fry.  They never make a bubble next but I'd noticed over the past few days that dan had his wife hiding while he was staying close to the surface on one side of the tank apparently guarding something.  This morning I saw the tiny dogs swimming around :)  They always have way too many fry so after they grow a bit I'll start scooping them up and using them as live food.  The LFS will take the few that I decide to raise.

Wonderful... ;D  How many fry are you talking about in a spawn?  I've read as many as 600...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've read up to 10000 :o  I know I've had over 500 in the past.

wiggs

Good,since my better half said o.k. will take what you want to send us. ;D ;D ;D
Jan

Mugwump

Quote from: wiggs on June 02, 2015, 11:57:19 AM
Good,since my better half said o.k. will take what you want to send us. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   yup
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just read my first post and was rotflol.  Seems that I can't type too well on my laptop ::)  It wasn't dan who had driven off his wife it was dad.  And I didn't see tiny dogs in the tank.  They were tiny dots.  The picture in my mind of  tiny dogs swimming in the 20 gallon is what cracked me up.

More dots this afternoon and more specs on the water surface that Dan is still guarding.  I've inadvertently given the fish a name.

BallAquatics

I just thought you were having a really great day Liz.....

https://youtu.be/j4XhDpSgHrs

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Never before work.  I need all my wits about me at work.  (I possess so few that I need all of them)  I hope that Jan and Mug don't think that I'll be sending them tiny aquatic dogs.  If I were to have a spawn of those I'd need money for them ;D ;D ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2015, 02:54:39 PM
Never before work.  I need all my wits about me at work.  (I possess so few that I need all of them)  I hope that Jan and Mug don't think that I'll be sending them tiny aquatic dogs.  If I were to have a spawn of those I'd need money for them ;D ;D ;D

naw, I just figured that you'd named em.....odd as it seemed... :o
Jon

BillT

Want some sea monkeys to ride on your aquatic dogs?

LizStreithorst

I pulled poor mama dog out, poor thing. it took a while to find her in just a 20.  She was in fear for her life.  Dan is still in with the baby dogs.  I'm afraid that if I were to buy them a sea monkey at this tender age the monkey would eat them.  Perhaps when they get older.

LizStreithorst

Jan, I'm afraid that I failed with the dots.  Out of all those dots I had, there are only two left.  I can't figure what I may have done wrong.  Perhaps their dad ate them.  Next time I'll pull both parents.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2015, 02:35:42 PM
Jan, I'm afraid that I failed with the dots.  Out of all those dots I had, there are only two left.  I can't figure what I may have done wrong.  Perhaps their dad ate them.  Next time I'll pull both parents.

Oh no... :o    sounds like some parental munching going on in there.. ???
Jon