• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Going to....

Started by b125killer, May 08, 2015, 10:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Thanks Guys, Liz has done all the hard work. The discus look even better today! They ate some Frenzy Super Max today. They also came right up top to eat. They don't seem to be as shy as my other discus where when I first got them.

Here is one showing off his patterns.
Scott

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Those are going to be real nice...... ;D   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Great pic, Scott.  Do you have any Teenie Greenie?  I meant to toss a sample in the box but I forgot.  Discus like to graze along the bottom and the Teenie Greenie sinks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I have sinking 40. Not sure if there the same only smaller.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 09, 2015, 05:30:27 PM
I have sinking 40. Not sure if there the same only smaller.

40 is bigger.....I may have some extra teenie greenie, and itsy bitsie teenie greenie if you need it.....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Itsy Bitsy is perfect for now.  They also eat the normal teenie greenie but they have to pic at it a bit before they get it small enough to fit in their mouths.  Discus' mouths are very small relative to their size.  I still give my kids from the same batch BBS once in a while.  I can stick some of the Greenies in the mail for you if you like.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I have some of each . . . . .

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 09, 2015, 08:05:27 PM
I have some of each . . . . .

;D +1......yes you do.....and if he gets mine first, then we'll both need more...LOL
Jon

b125killer

It's been about two weeks with the lovely discus from Liz. There doing great! growing like weeds and eating everything they can find. They are getting prettier by the day.
Scott

Mugwump

...yes they are getting prettier by the day.. ;D....dang gorgeous looking discus..
Jon

BallAquatics

I like that one in the back.  Looks like it's got an attitude.   :D :D :D

Dennis

b125killer

Thanks Guys, they all have attitudes. There not like my other discus. these guys aren't shy at all. They come up to meet anyone near the tank. They also seem to enjoy playing in the water when I refill the tank. My older discus will hide when I do tank maintenance. They will come to the front of the tank when I'm alone with them. If a strange is in the room they hide. It seems they have to warm up to you before they come out to say hi. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 24, 2015, 07:52:41 PM
Thanks Guys, they all have attitudes. There not like my other discus. these guys aren't shy at all. They come up to meet anyone near the tank. They also seem to enjoy playing in the water when I refill the tank. My older discus will hide when I do tank maintenance. They will come to the front of the tank when I'm alone with them. If a strange is in the room they hide. It seems they have to warm up to you before they come out to say hi.

Did Liz teach em to catch the 'meeses' too.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

I'm not sure if they would catch 'meeses' yet, probably nibble there toes. LOL
Scott