• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 09:04:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 250
Total: 250

Going to....

Started by b125killer, May 08, 2015, 10:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

The post office  and get my package from Liz.  ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I was so involved with my new fish I almost forgot about my dentist appointment Lol. But I'm here and the discus are doing good in there new tank. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I can't thank Liz enough, she did a great job with shipping and breeding these beauties.
Scott

PaulineMi

Looking forward to seeing your new babies.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 08, 2015, 02:01:12 PM
I was so involved with my new fish I almost forgot about my dentist appointment Lol. But I'm here and the discus are doing good in there new tank. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I can't thank Liz enough, she did a great job with shipping and breeding these beauties.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I'm back from the dentist. They filled in a few cavities, My mouth hurts a little But I still feed the fish and new Babies. They didn't skip a beat. you couldn't tell they have been in a box for almost 24 hours. Here are some pics and a little video.

It was hard to take this pic I wanted it open NOW!

Liz's great packing job! I would trust her to ship one of my kids!

Nice and toasty. Remember the temp gun is ?5? It didn't feel like it was 93.

The water was a lot softer then what they were going into. I decided to drip acclimate them to there new home. It might take longer but it's better then the shock they would of had going straight into the tank.

I kept the lights low for the first few hours. I also left them to be. partly because at this point Michelle reminded me about the dentist.
I could tell that they were stressed. but they did come from a box then a bucket. they had a hard day, poor things.

Here is the last pic. They look better with the light on. I'm so happy with them. Now to grow them strong like bull!

I have a video too. but it's still loading on youtube. It will be a few minutes for that.
Scott

Mugwump

Looking good there, Scott..... ;D....heat pack??
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dang, they did get a little warm in there, didn't they?  It's OK.  Discus can take the heat. I put in 2 heat packs after I checked your weather.  I should have stuck with just one.

I tried to send 3 each males and females but the only way to guess at this age is by size.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I was thinking the same thing about there temp. Here is the video. There kind of picking at there food in it. They did attack the ball of worms when I first put it in. They acted like they haven't eating in a few days LOL.
Scott

wsantia1

Good luck with those Scott. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

[/b]They acted like they haven't eating in a few days LOL.

You don't say?  I guess it's because they haven't.  It was hard for me to starve them but it's a must.

They sure do look little in that 40.  I selected 6 for myself and mine look little in the 30 I put them in.  Give them lots of light.  I've found that it keeps pepper from showing up.  I saw pattern starting to develop on the largest one I sent.  Do you see it or is he stressed and faded?  First they turn in to normal patterned Pigeons once they get around 5" some of the striations break up into spots if you're lucky.  I hope they all grow up to be spotted white Pigeons like their daddy.  He's a stunner.

b125killer

Have I thanked you yet Liz? these guys and girls are so cute!

Yep, I can see the patterns in them. there still a little faded but if you look hard you can see it. I set this tank up for discus when I got my first fry. I painted the bottom white and the back is a very light blue. I was told before to keep things as light colored as possible to prevent peppering. I have a checker board that his peppering went away after being in this tank. Too bad he's stunted. He would of been a nice fish.   
Scott

LizStreithorst

You've thanked me via PM and on the forum.  You're very welcome.  I love it when I make someone happy.

PaulineMi

They are soooo cute. Best of luck growing them out Scott. Nice little guys Liz.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Great lookin' fish Liz, best of luck with them Scott!   ;)

Dennis