• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 08:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

Just peachy

Started by Mugwump, January 09, 2013, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

sheesh, UPS didn't hold a box of fish that were clearly marked "Hold for pick up"...so I'm sitting here waiting to see if they can reach the driver, and I can meet him somewhere....I'm not pleased, and they know it too....mild mannered Clark Kent I'm not when this stupid crap happens...but you can't fix stupid....geez Louise....I'm one of his last stops for the day too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

The trials of living in the great metropolis I guess.....  in my little village everything gets held at the Post Office...  we don't have mail delivery.

Hope it all works out and you get them safe and sound!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

shipping is cursed.  That was acutally my signature on Simply Discus for a while.   Good luck, Mug.  When it's just not holding for pick up rather that lost for several days it's 'bout always OK.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

That's one reason I haven't had fish shipped to me. Plus it's so expensive and I feel sorry for the fish.
Scott

BallAquatics

I think if it's done properly, and nothing goes wrong with the carrier, the fish are not negatively impacted.  I've sent breeders through the USPS using Priority service and within 3 days of arrival they are spawning.  How shook up could they be???

That said, I'll admit things do go wrong.  I generally only have about 1 box go bad over the course of a year, (knocks on wood).  I've never lost any fish to it being too cold though, (knocks again), losses are always do to temperatures being too hot.  It's all but impossible to protect against a box that's exposed to direct sun light during the heat of a hot summer day.

Dennis

ilroost

Mugwump

Yes....the angels were doa....the L144 pair(Blue eyed Albino BN) are doing ok now...It's not the seller/shippers fault....the heat packs failed...bags were ice cold. UPS did manage to get the driver to drop them off before noon...but...alas, for naught...
   The angels were PB Silvers and PB Zebras that I was going to grow out and cross into my lines. I know the shipper like a brother and he feels worse than I do....he said he'll make it up to me..and I have no doubt about that...he's a good man..
   now, I'm just worried about the shipment that I sent him....heat pack failure has been epidemic lately from folks that I know....cripes...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've been on the selling end and the receiving end of shipping disasters.  Trust me...Being on the receiving end of a screwed up shipment is evey bit as stressful as being the shipper.

I will temporarily change my signature here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Sorry about the fish loss Jon, I have been there too.  It is so stressful for me to have fish shipped I rarely do it.  I had the opposite happen, heat packs got too hot and about cooked a bag of tiny angels.  Many died.  Saved a few.  Hope your plecos do OK.
Barb

PaulineMi

Oh Jon....so sorry to hear about the loss. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Thanx,folks.....Sh*t just happens sometimes....on the good side, mama blue is checking out the cave that I put in there...daddy blue is close, but still leary of the new surroundings....but both are eating, so all seems well... ;D
Plus, my shipment at least arrived in the right town tonight.... ;D..so far, so good...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I over heated a bag today. Stupid heat packs. I have dollar sized blue silvers and quarter plus sized blue glitters. quarter plus sized green glitter veils.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Well, well..... ;D..and after all the shipping stress too...
watch closely.....she'll come back out and invite him in....after I stopped vid'n..he turned around and backed in...LOL..they're so damn big they had trouble fitting in there....and no, they don't need a bigger cave...BN's prefer these tight fits....stay tuned, I'll check later

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 10, 2013, 10:26:43 AM
Well, well..... ;D..and after all the shipping stress too...

No doubt some fish ship much better than others... congratulations!

Dennis

b125killer

that's cool at least they're doing good. Sorry to hear about the angels.  That's why I haven't done the shipping thing yet. Luckily for me I know a great breeder that lives close enough to drive to.
Scott