• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

My Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Moliwe"

Started by Ron Sower, April 28, 2015, 12:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Several weeks ago I thing I wrote how excited the female P. taeniatus Moliwe behaved when I added a new male to the tank with her. She colored up and danced in front of him like crazy. I have 2 of Barb's pleco caves int that tank...one on each side of the tank. Since introduced the male they have exhibited spawning behavior almost every day....In one cave this day...in the other the next.  What I noticed was the male pleco would sometimes go into the caves and drive the Kribs away. So I moved him to another tank a few days ago and the Kribs have settled on one cave and I know there must be eggs in there now because one or the other of the adults is in the cave. The bully is gone and he's no longer eating their eggs.

The last time they spawned, 7 survived. I sold 5 of them last week at our auction. 2 are left and growing fast in another tank. It'll be interesting to see if a spawn survives and grows up in the 55 community.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

She has spawned before but chased the male until he jumped out of the uncovered tank after the fry started moving around. This is another male and they're in a covered tank this time. The challenge will be to raise fry in the community tank.  I guess I could remove them to my 12g plant growing overflow tank if they make it out of the cave.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron