• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

Some of my handmade clay work for fish and aquariums

Started by Barb, January 07, 2013, 07:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

I am a long time potter who makes discus breeding cones, pleco/catfish caves, planting dishes for live plants in a tank, and other clay work.  I enjoy doing special orders.  If you want something special and can describe and or show me in a picture, I will try to make it.  I have several colors of clay I use, terra cotta, white, both swirled together, black, tan and brown.  I also offer items glazed.  All glazes are made by me, no lead, and are completely water safe.  They are all food grade glazes and are fired to over 2000 degrees.

If you see something you like in these pictures, you can send me a pm here.   Or email me, my address is in my profile.  I accept paypal, and use FedEx or USPS for shipping, which ever is most economical for where you live and how heavy the box is.  I offer a quantity discount if a person orders several items.  I will attach some pictures here and in posts to follow.  Thank you for allowing me to be a sponsor here!
Barb

Barb

More pics of some of my work

Barb

A few more

Mugwump

Wow, great work..those are nice!!...  ;D....I'm definately going to need some of those cones to try.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

I agree with you there Jon.  Have to get some of them...  Barb what do you charge for your work?
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Barb

More

PaulineMi

Very nice pieces!  The fish sculptures are really cute. The planters are great also.  Love your stuff.

Can you include a price list? 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Whew, it is work getting these posted correctly.  Sorry they are not all together and with prices attached.  I have more pics to attach but those will be later on.
Prices are very reasonable.  Cones are in 3 sizes, 9" ($14), 12" ($18) and 16" for Altums or large discus $24.  Unglazed

Add $10 to each cone price for glaze.  Much more work in them.

Caves are $8 for simple ones, up to $20 for large huts, most are $10.

Angelfish and Discus wall decor are $15, clear glaze and hanger on back

My new design called "flat cone" is $9, and hangs by fish line or sits on bottom against glass wall, has lip to catch falling eggs/fry

Planting dishes/bowl in all shapes and sizes to hold sand/gravel and live plants to beautify barebottom tanks or sitting on gravel.  $10-20 for most sizes.  Hole(s) in base of dish.  They work great.

Everything I make is my own design, I make my own patterns.

Just ask for more info.  Thanks folks!
Barb

Barb

A couple pics of my booth at the North American Discus Assoc. convention in Atlanta June 2012.  Liz was there too!
Barb

BallAquatics

That is some fantastic looking stuff you've got there Barb.  When the weather breaks and I can start moving some fish, (ie "Have money to spend"), I'll be looking for some of those planting dishes.  Do you make those in a dark color as well?  Thank you for being a web site sponsor!

Dennis

PaulineMi

Showing your table all set up really gives us a good idea of how exceptional your work is. I'm beginning to visualize a tank with "accessories" that will compliment the beauty and colors of discus. Even the glazed pleco caves are too cute.

Now I don't feel so bad about tearing down my planted angel tank. Your creations and Liz holding my hand through the discus acquisition process is looking like fun.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Barb

Thanks Dennis and Pauline, yes I do make caves in all colors of clay.  Will be making some black and dark brown ones in the coming month.  The glazed hut caves in the convention pic were all sold in the first few minutes of the opening of the salesroom.  Guess I better make more of them.  I am still recovering from shoulder surgery on Dec 12, it will be a few more weeks until I get back to clay work.  But I do have some caves on hand now, and a few glazed cones.  And Angel and Discus wall art. 
Barb

Jdmcfast

It all looks great Barb! I too would like to try a cone for angels. And I ready liked the slate with a catch all at the bottom.
Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on January 08, 2013, 11:27:05 AM
It all looks great Barb! I too would like to try a cone for angels. And I ready liked the slate with a catch all at the bottom.

Yep, that caught my eye too....neato ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi