• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

We have an area outside of town where I used to pull my Jeep up to..and watch the trains come through the snow with the headlight looking like some monster spraying snow all over the place....eerie looking site to see.....

Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

ghonk

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2015, 08:44:55 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 06, 2015, 08:56:18 AM

OMG, if that ain't art I don't know what is.

Probably a fake,i don't believe anything i  see now.But still cool.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on February 07, 2015, 02:53:53 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2015, 08:44:55 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 06, 2015, 08:56:18 AM

OMG, if that ain't art I don't know what is.

Probably a fake,i don't believe anything i  see now.But still cool.

I've seen so much of this type of art around over the years....even cigar store wooden indians...why would you even think it's a fake??.....curious...
Jon

ghonk

Because  if it can be faked it probably will be,photoshopped,trick photography,video editing,Air Brushing.
Some people are obsessed with it,either to fake you out,make false claims,or just to see if it can be done.
UFO's,Aliens,Ghosts,Bigfoot,Celebrity Fakes,Quadruple Rainbows,Angels,Fairies,etc.
Plenty of photoshop tutorials online that show you how to do it.

I don't know that's it's a fake,but i'm skeptical.The hand where the thumb sticks out looks wider then the trunk,but it could have been a branch sticking out there and the thumb was carved from it.

If it's real it's amazing craftsmanship,if it's fake they did a good job of it.Either way it's very cool.

PaulineMi

Kinda like Greg, I couldn't decide if it was real or photo shopped. There is a lot of detail in the hand and fingers that I kept studying. Then checked if cottonwood could be chainsaw carved. After what I  saw I believe it's the real deal now. I sure would have liked to run across that when we used to ride our horses in areas like that. I'd be awestruck.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

Tell me, do the girls really hang all over you because you are the most interesting  man in the world.