• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 04:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 25, 2015, 07:07:29 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 24, 2015, 08:58:16 PM
Thanks, Mug.  It's somewhat embarressing to be so ignorant when it comes to things that the rest of the world just knows.  I'll buy the thingy now that I know.  I hope that they can make that pic about 3 1/2" long.

Hey Liz...you are not alone.  Me too.... ;)

My empowering message of the day:

It doesn't pay (in any way) to be embarrassed about what you don't know.
There is nothing wrong with that.

There is no way anyone can know everything.
The world is full of people with knowledge in particular areas that would be happy to share what they know with you.
Just ask questions until you get answers until you can make sense of things.

Another way to look at it is that we are all born with very little knowledge of things and increase that store of knowledge as we go through life learning things.
Why should this be a thing one would want to stop?
Asking questions is basic to learning.

The real tests of understanding are: whether things make sense to you, and if you can communicate them to others outside of you particular area of knowledge.

I ask lots of "stupid" questions, which people later tell me they wished they had asked.

LizStreithorst

What you said is so obviously the truth, but also very easy to forget.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2015, 01:39:36 PM
What you said is so obviously the truth, but also very easy to forget.

+1....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

The zombie apocalypse.....  Used to be we lead the world, now we're at the bottom of most lists.  The really sad part is, even our telecommunications is way behind many other countries.

Dennis

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

The funniest commercial I've seen in a while:

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

A better way to get rid of the pamphlet pushers.......

Jon

Mugwump

...oops !!!!!!!!.................LOL

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon