• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:27:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Nobody does..... Internet Explorer bites.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 03, 2014, 04:44:13 PM
Nobody does..... Internet Explorer bites.....

Dennis

What do you use Dennis?  I agree IE stinks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I use Firefox....considering Ubunto....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 03, 2014, 07:08:57 PM
What do you use Dennis?

Well as a web developer I use them all, but from my most favorite to my least favorite it would go.....

• Google Chrome
  • Opera
  • FireFox
  • Ice Weasel
  • Safari
  • Internet Explorer
Dennis

PaulineMi

I use Firefox also.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 03, 2014, 07:22:53 PM

If you wait just a couple months, Ubuntu 14.04 (means it will be released in April 2014), is going to use the Mate desktop and get rid of the awful Unity desktop.  It takes a bit to get used to using Linux, but once you do you'll wonder why you didn't switch to it sooner.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 03, 2014, 08:23:24 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 03, 2014, 07:08:57 PM
What do you use Dennis?

Well as a web developer I use them all, but from my most favorite to my least favorite it would go.....

• Google Chrome
  • Opera
  • FireFox
  • Ice Weasel
  • Safari
  • Internet Explorer
Dennis

I've used Google Chrome and FireFox.  I probably will go back to FF but I will check out Opera first. Thanks

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 03, 2014, 08:34:01 PM
... I probably will go back to FF but...

If you like FireFox you should try Ice Weasel... IceWeasel is Firefox under a different name, with some privacy enhancements.  http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2006/oct/13/dumpfirefoxsw

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 03, 2014, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 03, 2014, 07:22:53 PM

If you wait just a couple months, Ubuntu 14.04 (means it will be released in April 2014), is going to use the Mate desktop and get rid of the awful Unity desktop.  It takes a bit to get used to using Linux, but once you do you'll wonder why you didn't switch to it sooner.

Dennis

looks interesting for sure....mostly different terms, etc...

Jon

BallAquatics

Certainly no shortages of choices when you run Linux.  If you get tired of the way things look or just don't like the way things operate, just change the desktop manager.  There's Gnome, KDE, FluxBox, LXDE, Unity, Mate, XFCE, Cinnamon, and many others... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_X_Window_System_desktop_environments.

Then there is all the FREE software.  Need an Office Suite there's Open Office & Libre Office both do anything that M$ Office does.  Don't want to spend hundreds on PhotoShop, there's GIMP - cost nada.  The list goes on and on..... the last time I checked, there were 37,500 free software packages for Debian Linux.  All tested and easy to install.  http://www.debian.org/

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Once a cat.....

Jon

Mugwump

"by that much,chief"......... ;D

Jon