• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

"Build an ark, Noah"...

Started by Mugwump, April 09, 2015, 06:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is great !! ..lightening, thunder, down pours have arrived...dogs are jittery, Manny could care less, birds are still sleeping....and I'm ready for pot 2.... ;D  It's supposed to be like this all day, so I'm wondering how many other pairs it'll set off down in the fish room?.. ;D 

Pauline, Scott, Bob, Ed, Bob, Josh, etc..  should all be getting some more of this weather action too. It's a big wide spread storm for sure.....Dennis will be getting round #2....or 3,4..??....they got it yesterday too.... 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

We got about an inch of rain yesterday with another half inch forecast for later today.  I can only store so much rain water, so when it rains like this, I just keep doing water changes.

We had a bit of hail with one of yesterdays storms, but the rain itself was fairly warm coming it at around 68?F.  Just about perfect to perk everyone up with a fresh water change of Mother Nature's finest!!!   ;)

Dennis

PaulineMi

It's quiet out there for now. We had the heavy rains with thunder and lightening earlier though. More is predicted throughout the day with tomorrow bringing high winds.

Dennis your water storage/change procedures is why you can breed just about anything. I'm still blown away by your success with the otos. :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

greydragon

with all this rain you should have LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of spawns going on

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on April 09, 2015, 08:48:32 AM
with all this rain you should have LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of spawns going on

It looks like I'll get a few....even the BN's are cavorting.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 09, 2015, 07:35:07 AM
Dennis your water storage/change procedures is why you can breed just about anything.

Thank you Pauline.  I'm just fortunate that I grew up in the time when most things aquatics were common sense & nature based.  I can remember reading of how the farms in Florida used rain water to spawn the first fish from the Amazon and it just stuck with me.  These days, you visit most fish forums and advise about using rain is treated like putting Drano in your tanks.  It's really a shame too.  I often wonder how many Moms go searching for info and decide NOT to get the kids an aquarium because so much info on the web makes it sound hard and complicated.

Rant over.....

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 09, 2015, 09:51:05 AM
Dennis your water storage/change procedures is why you can breed just about anything.

Thank you Pauline.  I'm just fortunate that I grew up in the time when most things aquatics were common sense & nature based.  I can remember reading of how the farms in Florida used rain water to spawn the first fish from the Amazon and it just stuck with me.  These days, you visit most fish forums and advise about using rain is treated like putting Drano in your tanks.  It's really a shame too.  I often wonder how many Moms go searching for info and decide NOT to get the kids an aquarium because so much info on the web makes it sound hard and complicated.

Rant over.....

Dennis
I think much ado over "new & better methods" is to assuage some peoples' egos.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 09, 2015, 11:06:24 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on April 09, 2015, 09:51:05 AM

Rant over.....

Dennis
I think much ado over "new & better methods" is to assuage some peoples' egos.

Yep, some folks really 'work' their water....not realizing that nature knows best....
Jon

Mugwump

Rain's still around...temps?...muggy 70's....good news, the 150 has a couple inches of water in it, no leaks  ;D.......it'll drop 30 some odd degrees tonight, dropping back to the 40's....crazy weather for sure... :o
Jon

Ron Sower

You ever concerned that water will freeze and damage the seals in the tank? I have a large tank out back that has has freezing water up to 1.5'' thick on top. So far no new leaks. It already had one in the upper area of the tank.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 10, 2015, 10:06:25 AM
You ever concerned that water will freeze and damage the seals in the tank? I have a large tank out back that has has freezing water up to 1.5'' thick on top. So far no new leaks. It already had one in the upper area of the tank.

Not really, I intend to reseal it before it goes down stairs anyway...
Jon