• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 09:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182

Friday's windy coffee

Started by Mugwump, April 10, 2015, 06:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...all the family is ok, coffee's good....so all is well......a couple of the boys homes had very, very close calls.....it moved our heavy swing all across the deck, blew the full trash cans(big) down, looks like some limbs, and branches, strew around.....and we just got wind and rain here...it's still blowing pretty good now, and expected to continue for most the day.....it was a doozie for sure..it's still dark, so we can't assess the rest of the yard/tanks/etc......150 looks ok, tho...??...bless the poor folks over in Fairdale....total destruction.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 10, 2015, 06:07:21 AM
...all the family is ok, coffee's good....so all is well......a couple of the boys homes had very, very close calls.....it moved our heavy swing all across the deck, blew the full trash cans(big) down, looks like some limbs, and branches, strew around.....and we just got wind and rain here...it's still blowing pretty good now, and expected to continue for most the day.....it was a doozie for sure..it's still dark, so we can't assess the rest of the yard/tanks/etc......150 looks ok, tho...??...bless the poor folks over in Fairdale....total destruction.....

Thank goodness you guys are safe.  There was a lot nastiness out there last night. Hope you didn't get too much damage. Feel real bad for those folks in Fairdale.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 10, 2015, 06:23:34 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 10, 2015, 06:07:21 AM

Thank goodness you guys are safe.  There was a lot nastiness out there last night. Hope you didn't get too much damage. Feel real bad for those folks in Fairdale.

Yes, it was sad.....this was a pretty good one too.....#2 son, and wife,(in Rochelle) could hear it very loudly as it shook their house and went by, and they're on a slab!.......when ya hear em, they're too close for comfort...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Glad to hear you and the family are ok Jon.  I was worried when I saw the news this morning.  How close are you to Fairdale?  Hope the rest of the day is ok too for you.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Very scary.  Glad y'all are safe.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on April 10, 2015, 07:03:37 AM
Glad to hear you and the family are ok Jon.  I was worried when I saw the news this morning.  How close are you to Fairdale?  Hope the rest of the day is ok too for you.
Barb

Thanks Barb and all...

Fairdale is about 12 miles NW of us here.....#2 son was 'just' off the path as it went thru Rochelle...#1 son was east of the path about 4 miles .....
We got mostly high winds and rain here....they got the oops, better hunker down stuff...I hearing that 13 of the 16 spotted tornadoes were  in Illinois/No Illinois ....a very busy weather night up this way....
Jon

PaulineMi

Glad to hear all of you are okay despite that too close for comfort experience.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Good to hear you are all Okay Jon.  Our 11:00pm news last night had video of the storm and some of the damage out your way.  That twister looked enormous!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 10, 2015, 08:51:04 AM
Good to hear you are all Okay Jon.  Our 11:00pm news last night had video of the storm and some of the damage out your way.  That twister looked enormous!!!

Dennis

Yep, it was a biggie for sure...they say it might have been a multiple??....tornado in a tornado??...something like that....
Jon

Ron Sower

Good! Glad you're okay and the family too. Now for the cleanup!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron