• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Anybody here keep other exotics besides fish?

Started by Mir, January 05, 2013, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mir

Does anyone have other pets that aren't cats, dogs, or fish? I have lots of reptiles and birds, and I have three rats. :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

We have a pair of Cockatiels...Pete and Fiona....Pete whistles 'Jingle Bells" (all of it) and talks ...Fiona isn't tamed much, and we got her for breeding....it's been a year and Pete still prefers his hanging bell ( to do his thing..LOL)...sheesh, she pulled it down and he chased her all over the flight cage...the idiot ;D  but they're finally sleeping on the same perch..so who knows, maybe she'll woo him on...???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

Aww. :) I have tiels, too! My pair is a bit like yours.
Dillon the boy is much older than Chewy, the girl. We had him first, and he used to love me sooo much and be obsessed with me and my hair and shoes, lol. But since he got Chewy he is all over her. It's a love/hate relationship. They bicker and fight all the time, but if they are separated they always want to be back together and never go anywhere without the other. :D
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

b125killer

I have a  Cockatiel too. He's a only bird and only likes me. He whistles the star wars anthem when my mother in law goes near his cage. It took a long time to teach him how to do that. He knows about 10 different songs. but his favorite song is when he mixes all the other songs together. Then he gets mad when I try and correct him. He doesn't like to be interrupted when his creative juices are flowing.   
Scott

LizStreithorst

They're not pets but I feed the wild birds.  Right now the Gold Finches are eating me out of house and home.  They cost as much to feed as my 10 dogs.  Really!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 06, 2013, 08:02:47 AM
They're not pets but I feed the wild birds.  Right now the Gold Finches are eating me out of house and home.  They cost as much to feed as my 10 dogs.  Really!
I can only imagine...it's a pretty penny here for 2 dogs,2 cats,2 birds,and a whole lotta fish..LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

My son has a pet Skunk. It acts like a cat. It will use a litter box. Loves hot dogs.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

My sister raised two coons...better than a watch dog...LOL....they used to clean out her cabinets and then crawl in to sleep....child proof locks didn't work for long with those two.... ;D
Jon

Mir

Awww, cool.

My tiel doesn't know any specific anthems. He makes up his own songs, but yes, he also hates when I interrupt him.

Liz, how is everything going with your fishroom frogs, too?
<3 Miranda