• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 03:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

My Big Bad Doberman

Started by PaulineMi, January 04, 2013, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

PaulineMi

He also likes the sprinkler. Turn up your sound and click on the picture.   ;D

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

JR

Looks like he is having fun. Great looking pup
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

He looks live a vicious beast to me.  He killed your pet bubbles!!!!

Where do you live?  It is very beautiful.  What are those buildings across the inlet?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Great looking pup.....'bubble monster'....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 04, 2013, 05:56:10 PM
He looks live a vicious beast to me.  He killed your pet bubbles!!!!

Where do you live?  It is very beautiful.  What are those buildings across the inlet?

Thank you.  We live on a "re-purposed" gravel pit. The buildings across from us is one of the farms that sold out to the pit owners.

LizStreithorst

Please tell me more.  There must be a heck of a story behind this.

Mugwump

We have one too, not too far from here. However, the 'Forest Preserve District' took it over and stocked it. It's back out in the country somewhat and has a small creek diverted to feed it.
It's a great spot to fish and hang out in the summer, lots of mature trees around it. You take a back road out to it, park, and hike the trail for 1/2 mile/mile to get to the shoreline.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Oh yeah....This is not too far from me.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

you have a nice looking puppy. I feel sorry for any bubbles that go to your house.
Scott

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 04, 2013, 07:52:44 PM
Please tell me more.  There must be a heck of a story behind this.

They finished up gathering their gravel then let the pit fill with water to create a 100 acre lake. They sectioned off 29 one acre lots on three sides while keeping the east side in a natural state. We stock the lake each year and have had yummy walleye and perch dinners. Only little fishing boats and smaller pontoons with up to 9.5 hp engines are allowed.

Mir

Wow, that frst pic is a great shot! He (and everything around him) is beautiful! <3
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

LizStreithorst

There isn't much uglier than a gravel pit.  Just look at how beautiful it is now.

BTW, have you ever seen a Dobie that hasn't had an ear trim?  They look like hound dogs.

BallAquatics

When we first rescued our female rottweiler, she was so skinny that she looked more like a doberman with floppy ears than a rottie.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

She must have been a pittiful sight.  Whoever starved her should be shot.