• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 01:50:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 96
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

3D background

Started by b125killer, March 28, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Scott, that looks great!  What sort of fish go in there later on?  Interesting thread going here!
Barb

b125killer

Thanks barb, I have been thinking of doing dragon blood cichlids. Some of them have incredible markings. And a higher ph isn't a problem for them.
Scott

BallAquatics

Goliad Farms is working with Dragon Blood's.....

http://goliadfarms.com/dragon-blood-peacock/

Dennis

b125killer

I know a guy that is breeding them that lives near me. he actually breeds a lot of African cichlids,  http://www.boesterscichlids.com/
I have heard if you want to make money selling African's around here the trick is to breed something that Rick doesn't have. My personal opinion is he's another GCCA breeder that is full of him self, But he does have some nice fish.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 08, 2015, 07:33:08 PM
I know a guy that is breeding them that lives near me. he actually breeds a lot of African cichlids,  http://www.boesterscichlids.com/
I have heard if you want to make money selling African's around here the trick is to breed something that Rick doesn't have. My personal opinion is he's another GCCA breeder that is full of him self, But he does have some nice fish.

LOL...Rick is just Rick...and he's one of the few that are actually willing to share all they have learned too....a little aloft...??....well, maybe.... ;D    and yep, he does have good fish too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I need to find a return pump for the filter. I think I might have a problem. I should of been thinking about the size of a pump. I have  2.25" of clearance between the background and the back of the tank. If needed I can modify the background but that's going to mean redoing the cement. I could probably get another 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch out of it. I'm just not sure what to do about it.   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 08, 2015, 08:01:03 PM
I need to find a return pump for the filter. I think I might have a problem. I should of been thinking about the size of a pump. I have  2.25" of clearance between the background and the back of the tank. If needed I can modify the background but that's going to mean redoing the cement. I could probably get another 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch out of it. I'm just not sure what to do about it.   

Small power head?.....I may have one here someplace, if you want to try it..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That could work, I don't think I would need much just something to move the water, and fit the spot I have for it. I will still have a small sponge filter in it too. 
Scott

BillT

I've got a bucket 'O Powerheads.
Come on over and grab one.

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

..got it in water yet?... ???
Jon

b125killer

Thanks JR, Nope I still need to take it outside and wash the loose cement off. Also need to stop by your home and pick up a power head. ;D
Thanks For the offer Bill. I would love to take a trip to get a power head from you but it's a long drive for a power head.
Scott

b125killer

Thanks Jon, The power head I got from Jon will work nicely. I did find another problem, as I was washing the background some of the weaker spots in the cement started to wash off. That's ok I can build it up with more cement. It's better to find these things out now not when the tanks full of water and fish. 
Scott

Mugwump

Great.... ;D  I was hoping that it wasn't too big, or powerful....??
Jon

b125killer

even if it's too powerful the way I have the return it shouldn't be a problem.
Scott