• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:37:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

100 Gallon strikes back, again!!!

Started by P4Angels, January 02, 2013, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Look at what Lori found this afternoon:

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Nice...kinda dark, is that a Pinoy??...nice PB ghost...good color/fineage and size..pretty
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

That is a ghost BP and a Double Dark (one of the Big Daddy Turks offspring), Thanks for the info on the Hydrogen Peroxide... Fingers crossed on them... 
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

b125killer

Nice, They are some pretty angels. I like the snail too :D
Scott

PaulineMi

Pretty angels.  Best of luck with them.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

Got a major storm front moving thru here tonight and into 2marow evening.   Even got us forecasted for snow. I know yah yah.  While I was working on the update of the video I noticed yet another pair.  This round my cherry pick koi.  Got my finger crossed these 2 have 85 to 90% coverage... got 4 more(2 pairs PB silver and 2 high coverage koi pair) picking at slates..  When it rains/snows and the temp drops the angels get frisky...  YES!!

Mugwump

Don't hurt yourself shoveling..... ;D                nice tank, good luck
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on March 21, 2013, 05:14:55 AM
Don't hurt yourself shoveling..... ;D                nice tank, good luck

Nope make me a nice cup of coffee and watch it melt.... (Navy guys make great coffee from WW2 surplus....)

Ron Sower

Hmmmm....  ::) So you DO know how to make coffee!   ???
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BillT

When I was an undergrad, worked on oceanography ships over the summer to make money for the school year. There were a bunch of retired navy guys on board and i picked up an interesting coffee tip from one of them.
Often times coffee would be made at the beginning of a watch and set on a heater for 3-4 hours. This made it bitter (probably heat plus oxygen oxidizing things in the coffee).
I noticed this one guy putting a pinch of salt into his coffee and asked him about it. He said it reduced the bitterness. Something I have noticed worked and have used not infrequently since then. I thought it was due to some kind of salt interaction with the acids in the old coffee, but a year or two ago I read about a possible explanation of this when someone found out the salt can block the bitter receptor on tastebuds.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 21, 2013, 12:37:55 PM
Hmmmm....  ::) So you DO know how to make coffee!   ???

Was there ever a doubt???....all good secretaries have the knack.. ;D
Jon