• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Gotcha....

Started by PaulineMi, February 21, 2015, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Even though I noticed that this picture, which I just captured, looks just like the other CPD photos I've posted, here they are anyway.  ;D ;D ;D It takes many, many, many...too many...attempts to get more than a blur when I try to take pix of these guys. I tricked them this time. Lol.

For your viewing pleasure, Ball Aquatics Celestial Pearl Danios  ;D

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

QuoteIt takes many, many, many...too many...attempts to get more than a blur when I try to take pix of these guys.

Nice shot Pauline.
I will often take 100-200 shots of Danios to get a few good ones.
They move fast and don't often stop.
A lot of light helps.

Mugwump

...very nice pics, Pauline.....good patience too  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

....and they look really, really healthy.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Oh my, they look absolutely wonderful Pauline!   ;D ;D ;D

You are doing a fantastic job of keeping them fat and happy.  You are doing a fantastic job with that camera too!  Would you mind if I used that photo on my websites?

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thanks everyone. While not a great photo, this was a lucky single shot. I know these kids come to the front of the tank when they see me but disappear if I don't feed them. The light on their tank is very dim and they're in a dark corner. So I quickly aimed the camera where I thought they were, used the flash and voila....got 'em in a single attempt. A few effectively avoided the camera though.

Feel free to use it if you'd like Dennis.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

wsantia1

I think it's an excellent photo. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll take it over mine anytime. Very nice looking fish. I look to add some species variety when I set my tanks up in the new place. I will keep my eyes open for some of those. 8) 8) 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 22, 2015, 06:32:23 AM
I think it's an excellent photo. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll take it over mine anytime. Very nice looking fish. I look to add some species variety when I set my tanks up in the new place. I will keep my eyes open for some of those. 8) 8) 8)

Huh?....LOL..........just ask Dennis... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 22, 2015, 06:37:31 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 22, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Huh?....LOL..........just ask Dennis... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry, I am not leaving Angels. lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks Willie. You will love these little fish. They are busy, busy, busy tiny critters and pretty as can be.  And like Jon said...talk to Dennis.   ;)

Barb

What pretty fish and a great pic Pauline!  Would they go in an angel tank OK or would the angels eat them?
Barb

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 22, 2015, 06:24:42 AM
Feel free to use it if you'd like Dennis.

Thank you Pauline.   ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Barb on February 22, 2015, 10:03:37 AM
Would they go in an angel tank OK or would the angels eat them?

Full grown, they are only about an inch long Barb.  They would most likely be expensive snacks for Angel fish.   :-\

Dennis

PaulineMi

Thanks Barb.  To get an idea of their size note that they're in a 10 gallon tank. You could get a group of them and put them in a small species tank to enjoy. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 22, 2015, 01:57:22 PM
Thanks Barb.  To get an idea of their size note that they're in a 10 gallon tank. You could get a group of them and put them in a small species tank to enjoy.
I've done this in the past and really enjoyed them that way.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I think they are at their best that way too.  If you put them into a large tank you need a very large group of them for them to feel comfortable.

Dennis