• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Repashy Super Food feeding Disc

Started by P4Angels, December 31, 2012, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

I was watching Ted's Fishroom and saw an Idea he had.   

Items required:
wax paper
Scalpey Clay (1lb) http://www.createforless.com/Sculpey+Original+Clay+1lb+Terra+Cotta/pid207317.aspx?utm_source=shopDT&utm_medium=cse
A Pop (soda) can
A knife
Oven stove (Get permission from your better 1/2 lol!!!)
Cookie sheet
and a Timer (microwave work best for me)

1. Preheat Oven to 275 Degrees.

2. Knead a small amount of clay about the size of a golf ball

3. Hand flatten to about 1/4 inch

5. place the pop can up side down
6. Add a 3 inch by 3 inch piece of wax paper on the bottom. (wax paper will help the clay to hold it's shape)
7. Press the flattened clay on the now top of the can using your fingers.

8. Remove wax paper and clay from pop can

9. Remove wax paper from clay

10. Remove excess clay from around the disc

11. When complete should look something like this.

12. Place the wax paper back on to top of pop can

13. Place feeding disc back on pop can.
14. last chance to clean up the sides and make it look pretty

15. Using the knife add the cross scoring lines

16. Place a small hole at the top.  This is where the suction cup goes.
17. Pull off the clay and the wax paper
18. Repeat to this point as many times as you desire.  (we made 10 of these and only used 1/4 of the brick)

19. Place wax paper and clay on a cookie sheet (as stated above I would not use the better 1/2's best stuff, for your own safety).
20. Place in oven for 15 min
21. Remove from oven
22. Remove wax paper and clay  from cookie sheet.
23. After the disc's have cooled, remove wax paper.
24. Place suction cups and fill with Repashy super food.
25. Sit back and watch them fishes eat.

After all was said and done I loaded them up with some repashy spwan and grow and here are our dime and nickles eating it up:

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

A neat little feeder, thanks for the tutorial......wonder if you could push a stud thru there for anchoring zuchinni too....and leave a bigger flange/lip???possibilities ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That's a great idea!   Ted must be working towards his retirement with the pricing of his discs!  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 01, 2013, 07:59:26 AM
That's a great idea!   Ted must be working towards his retirement with the pricing of his discs!  LOL

Dennis

I'll ask him next time I see him....Ted's a good guy, he'll laugh.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 01, 2013, 08:10:02 AM
....Ted's a good guy....

Agreed!  I've met him a couple of times in the past.  I'll probably start buying my Repashy from him since my previous source has moved to Rochester, MN.  I think I saw where Ted ships free on orders over $100....  I love free shipping & NO sales tax!

Dennis

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...