• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

GBR FRY 18 DAYS OLD

Started by GeorgeG, February 15, 2015, 06:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

My GBR fry are now 18 days old and looking like little fish. Someone also wanted to see the setup so this is what it looked like when I first set it up 8 months ago. The tanks are 10 gallons.

Thank you for looking
George

Mugwump

Now that's nice, George.....It looks very efficient....

nice job on those GBR's.....at what age do they color up well..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Like all fish not until they are adults and the best color is when they are spawning and watching fry.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 15, 2015, 06:51:29 PM
Like all fish not until they are adults and the best color is when they are spawning and watching fry.

What age is that on a GBR ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

GeorgeG

I am not sure of the age but I will say at least 6 months since they only live maybe 2 years. They have a short life span.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 16, 2015, 05:35:11 PM
I am not sure of the age but I will say at least 6 months since they only live maybe 2 years. They have a short life span.

Thanks....I was just curious because I knew they didn't live too long...so figured it was a fairly short period til mature....??
Jon

LizStreithorst

6 months sounds about right to me, too.  I raised them once upon a time.  They are beautiful little fish and very passive except to their own kind. 

If I ever do a real community tank, which I've been thinking seriously of lately, they will be part of the mix along with my Discus pair (the male of which cannot get it down), a pair of Pearl Gouramies, a group of snots, and a school of Sterbai.  I'll have gravel and plants, too.  It's been too long since I've had a tank like that.

Always move forward. Never look back.