• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101

Electric Blue Acaras

Started by b125killer, February 12, 2015, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Has anyone ever own any? I might be getting some this weekend.
Scott

JC

Yep I've got a breeding pair and about 50 babies. They are neat fish. I got them and spawned them a couple times and now they are sold haha. They remind me of German blue Rams as far as parenting and temperament but I'd say a little milder temper. Very pretty fish and interesting to watch

b125killer

I went and got few Electric Blue Acaras today. The guy gave me some extra too. Ended up with 5 of them and two gold longfin rams. I couldn't  help myself the rams where just too pretty to pass up. The Acaras are still young. There just starting to show there blue. I was trying to get a decent pic of them but they are hiding in the planted tank. And once they get in all them plants it might be a few days before i see them. Heck might never see them again. It wouldn't be the first fish that went in that tank never to be seen again.
Scott

Mugwump

...Cool pick up.....good luck.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

One of the Acara came out long enough to get a pic. You would think something with that much blue would stick out in a tank full of green.
He is looking better today. Not as stressed out. 

The gold Longfin rams. I have always liked them. I also know that this is a male and female. ;D
Scott

Mugwump

Nice shots.. ;D....take those with the phone camera again??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Yeah i use my phone camera for almost all my pictures. It has a better camera that what my camera is. I was thinking my phone would die before i got a pic of the acaras.
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on February 16, 2015, 07:04:22 PM
One of the Acara came out long enough to get a pic. You would think something with that much blue would stick out in a tank full of green.
He is looking better today. Not as stressed out. 

The gold Longfin rams. I have always liked them. I also know that this is a male and female. ;D

Nice looking fish Scott. And pictures too.... ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Scott

BallAquatics

Yes very nice indeed!   :D :D :D

Dennis

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron