• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 03:11:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207

Any one else using these???

Started by BallAquatics, February 08, 2015, 12:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I purchased 3 or 4 of these ingenious little contraptions a few years back.  I can't remember why I bought them originally, but they are the handiest things to have around the fish room.

With just a bit of air, they circulate water from the tank they are hanging on through the box.  I've used them to stage fish before auctions or swaps, to raise fry, right now I've got Corydoras eggs hatching in one.

I think it was Pete Mang who originally told me I should get some of these.....

Dennis

Mugwump

I had two of the gallon size boxes very similar to those....sold one off...I still have one that I don't use much now......they do work, but I get better survival results with my 2 1/2's for angel spawns....???

I might try them for cory eggs tho...never thought of that one....I could use it for staging shipments of the Jap blues and Ginga's tho.....HMmmmmm.......???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I have something similar that floats but can also be secured to glass with a suction cap.  I've used it to raise Albino Plat Angel fry in.  Had mixed results as I had a lot of losses but I did manage to grow out a few of those albinos. Will use it again hopefully. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JC

I used one for my angel spawns and they always went through the overflow when they went free swimming. And I had a hard time blocking that off without the whole box overflowing onto the floor. I sold mine off but had friends that swore by them and had great success with them. I like the Cory idea also

Rjb3

I raised some cory fry in the old mesh breeder boxes. The ones with plastic Tinker Toy type framework held to the side of the tank with the bendy metal strips. Did I say Tinker Toy? LOL

wsantia1

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 08, 2015, 06:13:38 PM
I raised some cory fry in the old mesh breeder boxes. The ones with plastic Tinker Toy type framework held to the side of the tank with the bendy metal strips. Did I say Tinker Toy? LOL

I have a couple of those too. lol ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

In these hi tech days...do they still sell Tinker Toys?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 09, 2015, 08:15:30 AM
In these hi tech days...do they still sell Tinker Toys?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yep....and Lincoln Logs too...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

I bought a large set of Lincoln Logs just before my son made an appearance. He loved messing with them. Today's Tinker Toys are Knex. Now he's into Lego. Wife is thinking of doing his 6th birthday at LegoLand. Oh joy.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=wooden+tinker+toy+set&tag=googhydr-20&index=toys-and-games&hvadid=61737634813&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5242381352445623243&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6zjk2mcmpl_b
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were