• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:00:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

Hard to imagine

Started by BallAquatics, February 01, 2015, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

This little 'Ugly Duckling".....

is going to grow up to be this adult fish.....

Dennis

Mugwump

It is something, isn't it??....from bland colored, to drop dead beautiful....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That is what is so neat about raising the little guys.  In the beginning I used to want colorful "big fish", being too impatient to wait for them to grow up. Now part of the joy of fish keeping is watching the changes they go through as they mature.

Dennis, remind me of what species you have in that photo please.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

That's such a pretty fish. I have always like getting smaller fish and watching them grow. I think it makes the fish that much more special for me. 
Scott

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 01, 2015, 04:50:44 PM
Dennis, remind me of what species you have in that photo please.  :)

That's Devario pathirana Pauline.  My first time spawning them too.  Working with some of the bigger Danionins this year..... these guys get to be 3+ inches.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Well they are starting to get a bit of color at just over 2 months old.....

Dennis

Mugwump

I sure wish that I could take a pic like that..... 8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Looking good Dennis!
I've got several large Danionins that I have not yet bred.
dangilia in particular.

BallAquatics

Thanks guys.

Jon, I'm certainly not a photographer, but I believe my photos have improved since I decided to try to take some shots at least once a week.  You know the old saying..... practice makes perfect.....

Bill, I should really try to spawn my Danio dangila too.  I've had them for several years now and they have dwindled down to seven fish from a dozen originally.  They have always been rather accommodating at picture time.....

Dennis

BillT

I have had 7 or 8 for several years now.
They are quite large now and I am thinking they are the largest Danionin, but i have not seen them all at full size.