• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:47:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 200
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

Looks like a nice day???

Started by BallAquatics, December 26, 2012, 06:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Blizzard Warning until Thu, 1am EST tomorrow morning.  A wintry mix this morning, becoming all snow, possibly heavy for the afternoon. Windy. High 31F. Winds NE at 25 to 35 mph. 6 to 10 inches of snow expected.

I was thinking about some client visits this afternoon, but will probably just stay in!   ::)

Dennis

Mugwump

I was watching the storm track, and wondered if it would run right through your place. Looks like a 'pot of coffee' type day....gas up the snow blower,buddy...looks like a beaut'......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Years ago, my folks had moved to western N.Y. We lived in Warsaw, about 45 miles due east of Buffalo. The snow totals every year would blow your socks off....amazing, we (the kids) loved it. I always watch the winter weather in that area now...takes me back to a great time in my youth.....did I say youth....LOL.....that was over 55yrs ago.....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 26, 2012, 08:44:55 AM
...takes me back to a great time in my youth

I hear ya...  When I was a kid back in the 60's, we had lots more snow around here too.  It would snow before hunting season and we had snow all winter.  Enough snow you could build snow forts and giant snowmen.  It would often snow in quantity where they would need front-end loaders to dig us out as a truck mounted plow just wouldn't cut it.

Now-a-days, it's every 3 or 4 years between snow that completely covers the grass.  You'd think we were in Atlanta - at the first mention of snow, it's run to the store for milk and bread like it was going to be a major ordeal.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

P4Angels2

ok Jon now we see how you spend your wintery days

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

I think The worst storm I can think of around here was in 78. That was a evil storm. Now a days I think the folks in Ohio forget how to drive. They act like they have never seen snow before.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day