• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 198
Total: 199

craigslist find

Started by b125killer, December 21, 2012, 10:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

This is my newest craigslist find. 30 bucks for all this stuff. I'm mostly interested in the plants and some of the decorations. If the filters work I might clean them up and use them for back ups.  I'm picking it up tomorrow. 
Scott

Mugwump

Ask them to plug in the filters to see if they work....check/listen for the impellers turning...not a bad deal, if they're all working.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

I got the stuff and only payed 25 for it all. the bigger marineland filter didn't work. I still would of paid him 30 for it all. There is alot of plants. Three air pumps. Not that I needed them. a smaller marineland filter a powerhead  slate and rock. plus this cool looking plane that looks like it crashed in to rocks and a big castle. There was also alot of junk that I tossed out. old air lines and what not.
Thanks Jon I did see if the filters and pumps worked before I bought them. I didn't need to see the big filter work I could look at it and tell that it was junk. I cleaned everything and got alot of it in tanks already I'll post pics when the water clears up.
Scott

Mugwump

Good show......sounds like some interesting stuff....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson