• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

St Isabel/Rio Negro spawn

Started by b125killer, December 19, 2012, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

Yes good luck Scott! It will work out sooner or later.
Josh

b125killer

I just don't understand these angels. They spawn almost every two weeks. the last time they spawned was on the slate. it was a small spawn so I didn't do anything to it. They didn't even take a second look at the eggs. so I decided that the next time they spawn I was going to pull the spawn. I was doing my fish routine before I went to work yesterday and seen that they spawned on the tube for the sponge filter. I was going to pull the tube out and put it in the jar that Jon gave me and the male charged me. This was the first time that He didn't hide behind the filter when I went to the tank. As I was running late for work I decided to leave them until the morning.
I get home from work and look in the tank and they are fanning like there was a fire in the tank. so now I don't want to pull there spawn.
I hope they don't let me down. I also have the sponge filter close to the HOB filter. I was thinking that if the parents didn't want to fan there eggs at least they would still get water movement from the filter. I didn't see any bad eggs today. I don't know if it's the angels doing a great job or the water movement. But so far there giving me hope. 
Scott

Mugwump

They're doing a good job. The water flow from the sponge has tiny debris...when they fan they not only aerate the eggs, but clean up tiny particles that fall near or on the spawn. They layed on the tube here too..remember?....shut the back filter down...watch for wigglers...and hope that they move them..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I hope I get wigglers I'm so ready to have angel fry. I got two smaller tanks ready for them and I'm getting an 80 gallon acrylic duel dreeding tank tomorrow.  I still have the brine shrimp hatchery that hasn't been used yet. All I need is the parents to do there part.
Scott

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks Pauline there still doing good when I got up. I don't want to get my hopes too high but I think there going to make it work this time.
Scott

Jdmcfast

I keeping my fingers crossed for you Scott
Josh

shatanka

YAY! How exciting. I also wish you luck with them! I bet you are on pins and needles waiting, huh? lol

b125killer

Mine spawned again. I knew they were getting ready to. I could almost set my watch by them. There last spawn was February 2nd and the one before that was January 24th. This might be there biggest spawn yet. Now lets see if I can get them to hatch. 
Scott

Mugwump

Cool, take it slow and easy....good luck, I know that new 2 1/2 will help a lot....and start aging that water for changes...or buy a few gallons at Wallyworld....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson