• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 03:11:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

St Isabel/Rio Negro spawn

Started by b125killer, December 19, 2012, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

The St Isabel/Rio Negro did there first spawn. I wasn't able to yank it I seen it as I was heading out the doof for work. Well see what they do with them.
It's hard to see it in a pic they spawned on the tube for the sponge filter.

Scott

PaulineMi

Oh how nice!  Hope they do well for you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on December 19, 2012, 10:59:47 PM
The St Isabel/Rio Negro did there first spawn. I wasn't able to yank it I seen it as I was heading out the doof for work. Well see what they do with them.
It's hard to see it in a pic they spawned on the tube for the sponge filter.

Nice, good luck with them.      ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

They eat them. They need to get on my scheduled and spawn on there slate LOL. I think I would of been late to work if I could of gotten them out easier or seen it sooner. At least I know they will spawn for me. I will pull there next spawn if I can.   
Scott

Mugwump

I'd give them a few chances, as they settle in at your place. You might offer another spawning site option for them...??....a potted broad leaf plant??...small inverted clay flower pot??
Keep up your water changes, and feed them hi-protein foods often.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I got another spawn from the St Isabel/Rio Negro and the marble/silver. Plus a bonus spawn from a newly formed koi pair.
I got the St Isabel/Rio Negro on video. I gave them another piece of slate and a flower pot as spawn sites but the seem to like tubes. they spawned on the HOB filter tube this time. I think I'm going to take out one of slates and put in a tube on a suction cup. The koi pair are still in a community tank. I need to set them up there own tank. I'm just running out of room for tanks. I have plans for a new fish room but things have got pushed back until I can finish painting my sons room. 

Scott

Mugwump

Super, Scott....they do have a mind of their own...LOL.....soon they'll settle in more and look for other spots too....
Jon

shatanka

Wishing you luck with this spawn! They're beautiful! Please keep us posted on them.

b125killer

So far there doing good. It's not a big spawn but they haven't eaten them yet. And I only seen a few bad eggs. And they where working on them.
Scott

Mugwump

Sounds good....from the location they layed on, spme most likely got knocked off....
Jon

Jdmcfast

Scott you also just lean a piece of PVC in a corner if they like tubes or even lean it up against the filter tube to deter or give them another option. I have had hundreds of spawns on 1 1/4" PVC cut just slightly longer than the tank height and leaned in a corner for some reason certain angels just prefer them over slate.
Good Luck!
Josh

b125killer

I went from having lots of eggs to having none. The Koi I knew they wouldn't last. The silver/marble got some wigglers then eat them.
The St Isabel/Rio Negro was trying to move there eggs from the filter tube to the slate. but the eggs wouldn't stick. they tried a few times when the eggs stated to fall the would grab them and try in vain to get them to stick. but they just fell to the bottom and became snail food.   
Scott

Mugwump

There's the reason some folks use bare bottom tanks.....I'm considering making several that way here......??
Jon

Jdmcfast

yup all my breeder tanks and quarantine tanks are bare bottom;)
Josh

shatanka

Oh...so sorry to hear the eggs were lost. Well, hopefully they'll spawn again in a week or two. Wishing you good luck with the next batch!!