• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:21:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 149
Total: 150

STILL SOME LEFT.........

Started by EdKaz, December 14, 2014, 06:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Apparently  MY streak of SHIT LUCK hasnt ended quite yet.

Woke up this morning at 4:30 to the sound of water dripping in the basement. ???

Slide my way down to see my 90 EMPTY, and 12 of my BEST fish I saved for later laying flat on the bottom.............with One heater lit up the other exploded, canister filter making some cool new noises and a trail of water to the floor drain.

Stuck my fill hose in the tank and ran 20-30 gallons back into the tank to see where the leak might be, and all the fish righted themselves and began slowly swimming. Scooped up the fish and spread em out in a few other tanks.

Good thing we didnt move THIS tank upstairs yet.........The Seal at the bottom of the tank let go. >:(  >:(  >:(

EdKaz

Still waiting for it to finish draining out the water I pumped into it this morning.
Than its .........HAMMER TIME!

b125killer

That sucks Ed. At least the fish are okay. 
Scott

wsantia1

Wow Ed. Sorry for your bad luck. :(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

EdKaz

QuoteThat sucks Ed. At least the fish are okay

Not sure If they will all make it yet.
By the time I got down the stairs, there was NO water left in the tank, and no movement of the fish. I was SURPRISED to see any of them actually swimming when I pumped some water back into the tank.

QuoteWow Ed. Sorry for your bad luck

It HAS been one HELL of a screwed up year here.
Having lost a son this summer, my back issues, and all the other little things that keep piling up, Im Not sure how much more I can take.

Mugwump

It's almost January.....the New Year is coming... ;D

try looking at it as 'good luck'.....like you said, " Good thing we didnt move THIS tank upstairs yet"   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

So sorry Ed, what a tough thing.  At least you have the floor drain and the tank wasn't upstairs.  I know it doesn't  help much right now, but just realize how much worse it could have been than it was.  I hope the fish will make it.  Don't give up, streaks of bad luck will end and yours will soon I bet.  Hang in there.
Barb

ilroost

Dang Ed, hope things turn around for you soon.
Hang in there it can only get better

LizStreithorst

Let us know how the fish do, Ed.  It's a miracle that they're still alive.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Like others have said....streaks of bad luck happen and they certainly do suck.  I'm so sorry that you are experiencing all of this. Having been through it I can only say that these down times do pass and what a relief it is when things start looking up. Digging deep for inner strength is hard but possible.

May your new year be much, much better.  Hang in there Ed.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

I couldn't say it any better than anyone here has, Ed. So keep on keeping on and stay with us here!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron