• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Sunday wake up cup...

Started by Mugwump, December 14, 2014, 07:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...slept in again.. ;D....it so easy to do when you roll over and see it's still dark outside.. ;D...then pull up the covers and ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.....

Coffee is absolutely fantastic !!!!!!     8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 14, 2014, 07:38:36 AM
...slept in again.. ;D....it so easy to do when you roll over and see it's still dark outside.. ;D...then pull up the covers and ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.....

Coffee is absolutely fantastic !!!!!!     8)

I agree. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

I was up early, messing around with the old smartphones we have around here.  Figured out why one would work and one wouldn't. Discovered just about everything except phone calls and texting is functional on them. We found a golf gps app for Doug but then realized we'd need a cell phone carrier to use it on the course. It was all almost wasted time but at least it was a challenge to figure things out. This old brain needs continued challenges.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 14, 2014, 11:22:10 AM
I was up early, messing around with the old smartphones we have around here.  Figured out why one would work and one wouldn't. Discovered just about everything except phone calls and texting is functional on them. We found a golf gps app for Doug but then realized we'd need a cell phone carrier to use it on the course. It was all almost wasted time but at least it was a challenge to figure things out. This old brain needs continued challenges.  ;)

Yep, the mind needs exercise...I do reading, crossword puzzles, mind puzzles,  and tinker with anything, and everything to keep it active....I even still do most car repairs myself, or with #2 son...nothing like crawling under a car to make you remember what muscles you haven't been using.....LOL....or climbing on the roof to discover what balance that you have left too... ;D...
Jan and I, have always tried to stay active...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I just downloaded an app called "Elevate".  It challenges your memory, spelling, light math for things like discounts and tips, reading, listening, etc. As you progress the challenges go faster. There are new challenges every day.  Plus I have a word game downloaded.

I bet all of us keep our minds active figuring out things for and about all aspects of our fish hobby.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

There's one called Luminosity that was advertised on TV back when I watched it.  They underwrite programming (read advertise) on NPR these days. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  My mind has enough to deal with without trying to improve itself.  I'll take a good beer over brain games to improve my mind any day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 14, 2014, 09:24:48 PMI've said it before and I'll say it again.  My mind has enough to deal with without trying to improve itself.  I'll take a good beer over brain games to improve my mind any day.
Works for me!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron