• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 12:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Snow=========>

Started by Mugwump, December 19, 2012, 05:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

This one's not going to miss us here.....4-7" possible..more in some spots. Winds 25-35 mph, gusting to 50-60 mph...batten the hatches folks, man the shovels..winters finally here...at least it'll be a white Christmas......LOL...roads will be a joke....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Funny thing is we got snow b4 you....  One a light dusting, but still...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

LOL..yep, go figure...Iowa's getting it right now....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

only calling for a inch of snow here, but winds up to 60 mph. living out in the country like i do, that is bad.lets just hope that it doesn't knock out the power

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 19, 2012, 07:22:49 PM
only calling for a inch of snow here, but winds up to 60 mph. living out in the country like i do, that is bad.lets just hope that it doesn't knock out the power

Yep, stay safe.....and gas up the generator...
Jon

P4Angels

Good morning....  So how bad was it?
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

b125killer

It's raining here but it's suppose to change to snow. Snowed a little last night then started to rain. Where in a Blizzard Warning right now. there saying 6 to 9 inches. and I still have to go to work tonight. Not looking forward to that.
Scott

Mugwump

25 car/truck pile up on 80 near Des Moines.....winds/snow created blinding conditions...it's just moving in here....
Jon

ilroost

starting to snow like he** here, sure is windy

Mugwump

Who knows how much is falling...the wind is whipping it everywhere...guess we'll know in the morning....not really that bad here, from what I can see..but daylight tells the story...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Just windy and still rain here in the city.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on December 20, 2012, 08:33:34 PM
Just windy and still rain here in the city.

We only got a few inches, but it's blown all over...so who knows??..still very windy and cold here..
Jon

b125killer

It was a fun ride home from work. I avoided the ditch. There's always some one in the ditch. Just because the speed limit is 65 doesn't mean they should do it when there is snow and ice on the road.
Scott

Mugwump

I hear ya....always some idiot that thinks 4 wheel drive makes you invincible....LOL...plus, being the first snow, folks forget how to drive in it..
Jon

BallAquatics

Cold and windy here as well.  Not quite enough snow to completely cover the grass.  Cable went out around 3:00 AM but power held steady.

Dennis