• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178

I'm Thinking...

Started by b125killer, December 07, 2014, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

About not breeding for a while.  I do love the hobby and breeding fish. It just that life is getting in the way. I'm at work 14 hours a day, there's no sigh of letting up on hours. Then I'm in the fish room a few hours. On top of all that my dad hasn't been in the best health. He needs at least two surgeries. This is on top of having one a few week ago. The vein in his leg going from his knee to his ankle is blocked, also his Carotid artery  is blocked. He's in good sprit  Just alot of pain.  It's all just getting to be too much.
I was thinking of taking down all my tanks but the 155g then getting another 125 gallon. And just running the two tanks. I might keep the 55g planted tank running too. I'm going to give my 72 gallon to my sister. She needs a bigger tank and then when she buys a house i can get the 72 back. I'm also going to be selling one of my tanks. It  the acrylic split 90. It's seen better days and I'll use that money for the 125g. The rest I'm going to clean up and put them in storage.  I'll start breeding again one day. Just not sure when. In the mean time I'll still keep fish and maybe I'll have more time to play online and talk to all my fish friends.
Scott

ilroost

Boy i know what you mean. Work here is crazy. This is suppose to be our slow time at work, but not so much.
It's all i can do to keep up with water changes

b125killer

This is usually a slow time at our work too. But they have been slammed with work since last year. 
Scott

LizStreithorst

We do what we have to do when it comes to fish.  As long as you don't shut the door on the hobby you're good to get back to it when circumstances change in your favor.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..I know the feeling, Scott...over the years, Jan and I have had multiple tanks, then just a few, or one...or none for a short period...then up and down again....now for the ten years, or so, I've been able to expand once again....the joys of retirement make it possible, and bigger and better than ever....so, my friend...ya do what ya gotta do...then when it's time again....BOOMBA !!!,,,zingo bingo...you're off and running strong anew... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

plus you can always come down and change my water to ease MTS withdrawal symptoms..... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You may think that all is lost but, BOOMBA, it happens again.  Cut down to a tank or two for now.  I did, and I'm back in a big way, now.  BOOMBA!  I had the need to breed fish and I made it so as soon as I could.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Every now and again I cut back and then I slowly start to add more tanks again. I have only about 275 gallons going right now with the rest of my tanks in storage. ::)

I am sure I will ramp up again soon that is why I put in extra outlets and a water supply in my basement. ;D ;D ;D ::) I'm going to take my time doing it though so I don't get overwhelmed. 8)

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

It's one reason I'm keeping the tank cleaned and ready. When I'm ready to breed all I'll need is water. I'm going to finish the spawns i got going on now also. once there ready to go I'll start breaking tanks down. With a little luck i can make the enough money with the spawns i have and selling the 90 to get a 125.
Scott

Barb

Scott, if you or someone you know can come here in mid February, you can have my 125 gal. tank for free.  I am downsizing to a 90 gal. when we move in late Jan or early Feb. 
Barb

b125killer

Thanks Barb, That's a generous offer. Unfortunately i can't think of a way to get it. 
Scott