• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Sterbai Spawn.....again

Started by Jdmcfast, December 17, 2012, 07:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

I just pulled about 50-60 sterbai cory eggs hopefully I'll have better luck this time!
Josh

Mugwump

Super!!!!!!!!!!!......good luck..what are/were the spawning water's parameters???..temp,PH,etc..what did you do, if anything, to set em off??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I've been using a tap/RO mix and temp of 80-82, then a couple days ago I did a big 75%WC with cool 73-74 degree 100% RO water, unplugged the heater and threw in some blood worms. Then yesterday I fed them frozen krill and put a blanched piece of collard green in there and bing,bang,boom eggs everywhere and I do mean everywhere. I also had the hot mag running on that tank so the current may have helped too idk.
Josh

Mugwump

How's those eggs doing? If they're anything like the std cory's....don't siphon out the mulm....I've discovered that altho some eggs die off, the survivors thrive off the mulm. When begin to see fry, poof the mulm and watch some fly out......
I feed micro worms for first feedings, remember they don't have egg sacs to sustain them like angels and some other fish do...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

It appears most of them got fertilized but I'm not seeing any wiggles yet
Josh

Mugwump

I don't believe they wiggle much, like angels....they pretty much just pop out...soon
Jon

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on December 21, 2012, 04:59:06 AM
I don't believe they wiggle much, like angels....they pretty much just pop out...soon
Oh cool we'll maybe I'll have a surprise when I get home today:))
Josh

Mugwump

When you see one...the others are there too..or not far behind...that's when you gently poof the mulm.....LOL..they'll be small and fly everywhere....
Jon

Jdmcfast

I have about 6 that have hatched and survived the rest look darker and should hatch tonight.....hopefully
Josh

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

when you see 6..double it...LOL..they're tiny and usually are everywhere.....nice job...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Hey good luck with your new spawn Josh!

Dennis

ilroost

b125killer

That's cool good luck with them.
Scott