• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

synodontis

Started by ilroost, December 15, 2012, 08:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

anybody else have any of these.

b125killer

I have seen a few. They look neat but I don't know much about them.
Scott

ilroost

i got 2 in my cichlid show tank. had them for awhile. they are always out swimming around. not shy at all

PaulineMi

Yes, I've had them.  Nine to be exact...in my African Cichlid tank.  Here's one from a different point of view.   ;)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

pauline, were they real active? i thought these guy's would only come out at night but they are out swimming all the time.

PaulineMi

Yes they were especially fun to watch at feeding time.  I have some better pictures of them out and about but my husband 's on the computer with the pictures.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

If that's the synodontis acanthomia ...they can grow to over 18"....wow
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I had petricola and lucipinis.

What's yours ilroost?

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 16, 2012, 06:46:44 PM
I had petricola and lucipinis.

What's yours ilroost?

whew...a shoal of big ones blew my mind....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Ha....yeah.  Hubby would kick me out if I dragged in a tank big enough for those guys.

Mugwump

I've, in the long ago past, had some monster Plecos...they're destroyers...uproot everything and make a mess...glass is clean, LOL,,but everything else was chaos....for their size they're hell to catch...I ended up putting food in a gallon jar on it's side, and trapping him....he still finned/horned me and drew blood....he was almost 20".....I called him barge butt... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)..traded him for some dark gold marble fry....
Jon

ilroost

i believe mine are eupterus

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 16, 2012, 07:56:08 PM
i believe mine are eupterus

Nice.....I see em at swaps now and then....might take a closer look at the next one..
Jon

Mugwump

oh...and what do you feed them??...I take it they're pretty good scavengers too....??
Jon

b125killer

I found this on them. I didn't know there where so many species of Synodontis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Featherfin_squeaker

Scott