• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Duel T5

Started by b125killer, December 15, 2012, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I got my new duel T5 lights on my tank. I turned them on and think i blinded the fish in there. there alot brighter then the leds I had on there. The poor albino angels were hitting everything in the tank. There all good now and I swear the plants are greener after two days with the new light.

Scott

Mugwump

No doubt the plants like it...LOL...that's some light...nice...get more plants in there and grow some cover for the Albinos....how many 'lum's' is that??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's duel 39W 6500K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent. I think it 3000 lums but not to sure. I also got another Anubias it's taller than the one in the pic. Now that I have something that can grow plants better I need to get more.
Scott

Mugwump

LOL...bring it out to the park pond, we can skate under that thing....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It does throw out alot of light. But the angels seem to adjust to it. and I swear the plants are getting greener by the hour.
Scott

Mugwump

I'll bet....watch for the algae..you'll need to fine tune the light time...and/or add more BN's..
Jon

b125killer

Right now the lights are on a timer for 12 on 12 off and there are 6 of the F1 BNs in there. By the way 4 of them are male and the only two albinos I have are female. I'll adjust the light time if needed.
Scott

Jo

Nice light. I have one similar to that. Not sure what all the tech stuff of the light is. I can tell the new plants I got really like it. The ones I have in my 10 gallon with the LED ligting are not as happy. Tank looks really good!
Jo

b125killer

Thanks Jo I do think the leds are nice. But the ones I have aren't good for the plants.
Scott

Jo

I agree with you. I'm gonna have to move my plants or find a way to vamp up the lights in the tank.
Jo

JR

I have the duel T5 on all my tanks. Was thinking about going to LED. Do you like the T5 better. I have to spend about 100 for 2 T5 Bulbs. The LED will only cost about 80 more than the T5 bulbs. Your tank does look great
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

I had leds on this tank. I do like them but they weren't good for my plants. When I took off the leds and put on the t5 I could almost see my plants getting greener. I do know that there are led for plant growth.  But I don't want to do the diy leds and the ones on the market are expensive.
Scott

b125killer

Okay I kind of knew this would happen but the algae is starting to over grow the tank. I have limited the lights to about 10 hours a day and stopped putting in liquid ferts. I'm still using  C02 . Plus I do water changes every other day and the water parameters look good.
I'm not to sure what else to do to control the algae. on the plus side the plants are doing good too. And I really don't mind the green tint to the water.     
Scott

Mugwump

Run that 'hot mag' and clear up the algae bloom....you may need to reduce the CO2...???
Jon

b125killer

I was thinking about reducing the C02. I was also thinking that it may need more plants to compete for nutrients? there's only three plants in there now. 
Scott