• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

They didn't have these

Started by BallAquatics, October 27, 2014, 06:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

back when I was keeping fresh water dwarf shrimp.

LizStreithorst

I think that may be you should consider keeping fresh water shrimp again.  How could you not?  THEY'RE BLUE :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Looks very nice....gonna try some more??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 27, 2014, 07:17:34 PM
....gonna try some more??

Probably so.  These are Neocaridina davidi so they won't be as finicky about the water as the Caridina shrimp are.  I thought I knew my water until I started keeping fresh water dwarf shrimp.  Of course that's been almost 10 years ago.  The farm raised ones may be far more tolerant by now.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I hope you post pics when you get them and all along as they grow and breed.  I've always loved the little bitty shrimp, and these are knock outs.  They are BLUE 8)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 27, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
I hope you post pics when you get them and all along as they grow and breed.  I've always loved the little bitty shrimp, and these are knock outs.  They are BLUE 8)

Is it me???..or does Liz like 'Blue'...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

They sure are cool looking.

I really like crayfish and shrimp (AKA decapod crustaceans).
Had them as pets but never any of the fancy ones. Worked on crayfish in a lab for about three years.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 27, 2014, 08:38:15 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 27, 2014, 08:36:31 PM

Is it me???..or does Liz like 'Blue'...??

However did you know ??? ???  Here lately BLUE has been appealing to me :-[

ghonk

BallAquatics

Quote from: ghonk on October 27, 2014, 09:37:23 PM
Are they a color morph.

Yes. Apparently the shrimp formerly known as Neocaridina heteropoda are now known as Neocaridina davidi. Genetic color morphs of the Neocaridina Shrimp.....

Dennis