• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Fish Room face lift Day 1

Started by P4Angels, December 09, 2012, 11:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Nice clip...and some real sweet pairs.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

You have some beautiful pairs in those tanks!
Barb

P4Angels

So here are the pic's as of 12.26.12

Breeders:

Grow outs in the middle and odd projects on top:

Shrimp tanks

Another rack (40 bottom, 50 middle, and 40 on top)

Other rack w/ Sump

Not pictured (in our living room):
100 Gallon planted tank
55 gallon Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dwellers)

20 gallon breeder (Lori's cories breeding group)
14 gallon saltwater Nano
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Nicely lit up for mood making, I see...nice place to chill.....sweet....everythings looking real good, nice job...ahem...where's the speakers,etc....Hmmmm....got to have tunes, right?... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Our computer are under the shrimp tanks...  Got tunes going almost all day  8)

Mugwump

cool....channel this on there.....
Jon

PaulineMi

Your set up and fish all look great! 

Jon provided good tunes also.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

So we went for our semi monthly run through Costco.  Walking through the rows as we always do.  I saw this LED light kit.

For $28.00. The kit come with 4 foot long LED strips, a remote to change colors, a power supply and a control unit.

I Thought hmmmm I want to give this a try. So I got it home put it together and tested it on just the white led. held it up to a dark tank and stood back and said, "Nope sorry just not enough power to fill the tanks with enough lights". Lori agreed with me so I thought    damn that's not gonna work.  What else can I do with these.  Then it hit me  ...  Lets try something and see if that will do the job. I hooked up 2 of the 4 LED strips and held them over the top of the tank and pressed the blue button on the remote. It looked something like this in the tank:

Lori was impressed with that idea.  Only one problem how to get them to work on the big rack, one each rack.  The kit came with 4 little connectors to connect the 4 strands together.  consisting of a Positive a red green and blue pin set.  The kit comes with 3 connectors I cut one of them in half (what the hell I have 2 more) stripped back the wires and they are the same colors as indicated on the connector. this should be easy right?   I had an RJ45 cable that had a bad connector end on it and thought okay I have seen some one do that on Mugwump forum so I'll give it a try. I wire it color for color except the red to orange and cut off all the other wires. soldered them together wrapped them with tape.  After completing both sides I did a test run and it work like a charm.   

Then I installed 2 LED strips to the hood (a DIY rain gutter hood with 5 CFL evenly spaced lights in it) using the double faced tape I a fixed it to inside bottom of the hood and place the other 2 LED strips to the front side cross beam of the middle rack and this is how it came out :   

Please keep in mind that I'm going to add access panel between the bottom of the top row and the top of the tanks soon.  That way you won't see the main lights or the LED's there soon

On a scale of 1 to 5 for this build I would have to give it a 2.  Only because my eyes are not the same as they used to be and them wires are tiny.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as we do. I think that it adds a nice look to the tanks and I hope that my Breeders like the little light while tending to there Fry late at night.

Mugwump

Love it....great 'night' light.....nice job.... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

That's very cool, great job!

Dennis

PaulineMi

"Dark Side of the Moon" atmosphere.  Nice.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)