• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 09:22:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179

More free fish

Started by LizStreithorst, October 10, 2014, 08:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greydragon

I know in time i will love a scoop of hb babies, when ever you have a scoop for me.

LizStreithorst

OK.  I have 4 of you plus George.  Please pm me your shipping addresses.  My heat packs will arrive Tuesday.  I can ship Wed.  I don't know how much it will cost yet because I'm debating on what size box to use.  I'm afraid of cooking the fish with the heat pack in the smaller CBW box.  I may go with the medium priority mail box.  It will be cheap, either way.  I'll let y'all know on this thread and you can Paypal me after I ship.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2014, 06:52:45 PM
OK.  I have 4 of you plus George.  Please pm me your shipping addresses.  My heat packs will arrive Tuesday.  I can ship Wed.  I don't know how much it will cost yet because I'm debating on what size box to use.  I'm afraid of cooking the fish with the heat pack in the smaller CBW box.  I may go with the medium priority mail box.  It will be cheap, either way.  I'll let y'all know on this thread and you can Paypal me after I ship.

look for the 'regional C' boxes at the P O, or order them they're free...1 bundle is all you need now, but you'll like them, perfect size and ship at the large flat rate price, around $15.....you might think too big, but it'll give you leeway to 'box in box'....and room for a 72 hr heat pack between the styro and the outer box........less heat in the styro...box is warm....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll ask about them at my local PO in the morning.  Thanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2014, 07:11:44 PM
a 72 hr heat pack between the styro and the outer box........less heat in the styro...box is warm....

I was thinking about putting the heat pack outside the styro.  I've never done it that way before but it should work during this time of in between weather.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2014, 07:41:08 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 16, 2014, 07:11:44 PM
a 72 hr heat pack between the styro and the outer box........less heat in the styro...box is warm....

I was thinking about putting the heat pack outside the styro.  I've never done it that way before but it should work during this time of in between weather.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just looked up that regional C box.  You're right.  It's a great size for fish and they're free!  Free is great!  If my local PO doesn't have them in stock everyone may have to wait until they get them for me.  I sure hope my local hardware store carries sheet styrofoam.  I bet you a nickle that they don't.  I have some, but not enough.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 16, 2014, 07:53:51 PM
I just looked up that regional C box.  You're right.  It's a great size for fish and they're free!  Free is great!  If my local PO doesn't have them in stock everyone may have to wait until they get them for me.  I sure hope my local hardware store carries sheet styrofoam.  I bet you a nickle that they don't.  I have some, but not enough.

I went to the 'Dollar Store" and found sm/med sized styro coolers for $ .99.....they'll work too...some are sturdier than others..tho.....take a quick look and see if something there might work???
Jon

LizStreithorst

My local post office had 2 of these boxes.  They said that the post office in the next largest town may carry them, but in case they don't, I ordered some on line.  They should arrive in a week.

My hardware store doesn't carry sheet styrofoam but guess what?  The guy 2 doors down from my shop had some in his trash can.  Thank God it wasn't a dumpster so I didn't have to dive for them.  Still felt like a bag lady raiding somebody's garbage can ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2014, 05:11:27 PM
My local post office had 2 of these boxes.  They said that the post office in the next largest town may carry them, but in case they don't, I ordered some on line.  They should arrive in a week.

My hardware store doesn't carry sheet styrofoam but guess what?  The guy 2 doors down from my shop had some in his trash can.  Thank God it wasn't a dumpster so I didn't have to dive for them.  Still felt like a bag lady raiding somebody's garbage can ::)

...I love it when a plan comes together......nice find with the styro....  8)
Jon

BallAquatics

If I could get them to you I'd send you a case of the Regional Rate "C" boxes.....  I ordered 2 of them on-line and they sent me 2 cases.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 18, 2014, 11:36:47 AM
If I could get them to you I'd send you a case of the Regional Rate "C" boxes.....  I ordered 2 of them on-line and they sent me 2 cases.  LOL

Dennis

LOL...that's why I mentioned just one bundle, ordered 5 of the straight large boxes one time, and got 5 bundles....LOL...... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Jon

LizStreithorst

I tried to do the same thing.  I wanted 8 boxes so I ordered 8.  The usps site wouldn't let me order 8.  It would only let me order 1.  That's when I figured out that 1 meant 1 bundle.  Nowhere does it say that 1 means a bundle of 25 ::)

BTW, Anyone who wants these freebies needs to pm me with their address.  So far I've received 1 address.  I know My Captain's address because he and I have shipped back and forth.  I also know that he has tank space for as many as I want so send him. 

So.  If you want these free fish you need to PM me your address.  (or you can buy them from My Captain.)

Rjb3

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 18, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
I tried to do the same thing.  I wanted 8 boxes so I ordered 8.  The usps site wouldn't let me order 8.  It would only let me order 1.  That's when I figured out that 1 meant 1 bundle.  Nowhere does it say that 1 means a bundle of 25 ::)

BTW, Anyone who wants these freebies needs to pm me with their address.  So far I've received 1 address.  I know My Captain's address because he and I have shipped back and forth.  I also know that he has tank space for as many as I want so send him. 

So.  If you want these free fish you need to PM me your address.  (or you can buy them from My Captain.)

LOL You bet I've got tank space for these beauties. Bring 'em on.

Mugwump

..any turning for you, Bob....???
Jon