• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Indoor pond

Started by ilroost, October 10, 2014, 10:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

is now cycled. Time to bring in the koi for winter

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 10, 2014, 10:08:10 AM
is now cycled. Time to bring in the koi for winter

Good luck catching them... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Got them. big enough to catch easy
But there is 3 more than last year. Cool, but don't need anymore

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on October 10, 2014, 11:17:41 AM
Got them. big enough to catch easy
But there is 3 more than last year. Cool, but don't need anymore

...3 more???.....a friendly neighborhood koi donator????......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

small ones. Every year 1 or 2 of the fry survive.
I think i will donate them to the local fish club to sell at the auction this saturday

Barb

Is this a big tank or do you have a pond of some sort inside?  I have wanted an indoor pond, surrounded with rocks and live plants for about 40 years.  Haven't done it yet though. But I have seen fabulous pics of them in books and magazines.
Barb

ilroost

Barb, it is just a 100 gal. horse trough. With 7 large koi it's to small.
Lots of water changes all winter. Thats why i wait until the last min. to bring them in and get them out as soon as possible.