• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

'Green' angels...

Started by Mugwump, October 09, 2014, 09:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I have to chuckle....since David's bringing in the Bulgarian greens, and others...I've noticed the 'green' buzz word starting to show up on Aquabid.....wonder how long it'll take before the rest of the sellers begin using 'green' this and 'green' that on all their auctions........the last buzz word's were blue and Pinoy....no matter what the fish..it had one of those words added to the description.....crazy....anything for a dime....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

David has some listed as GREEN GIANTS,ho ho ho.
Don't know if they are high coverage paraibas or what?

PaulineMi

I was taking some pictures of my "Jon's angels" earlier today trying to capture the blues on them and the size of the huge male.  (Sorry about the ventrals. They get a little rough with each other in that tank.) The male kept hiding from the camera so I decided to use the flash to light up the back of the tank. The blue turned green under the light from the flash.... :o

Speaking of green giants.....Lol...... Jon, are you joining in on the fad?   ;D ;D ;D

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

.... ;D...I noticed that too, at different angles all kinds of colors come out.....great pics!!...I only see it ,occasionally, when they turn in the light....

on a side, I have just separated a bunch of these to grow out, from their parents last spawn... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Nice pics Pauline,  I love my big male. But for some reason he's been a butt head to his lady. Good thing she's almost as big as he is and can hold her own.
Scott

EdKaz

Thats no "Green Giant"........ it looks more like one of them  Prodigious Emerald Pterophyllum ?TM Ive read about   ;) ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 10, 2014, 06:56:32 AM
Thats no "Green Giant"........ it looks more like one of them  Prodigious Emerald Pterophyllum ?TM Ive read about   ;) ;)

LOL......"from the valley of the HO HO HO.........."..........(did you read that, or sing it....LOL )
Jon