• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

Metal Rack Face Lift

Started by P4Angels, September 14, 2014, 07:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

After the last rack build,  I have wanted to take down the metal rack and make another 2x4 rack system to match the bigger one.   After dwelling over the idea and Lori telling me she will not help move the tanks.  I had to come up with something a little more creative.  So pondering how to make it all work and we decided on this:

Before

During

Made from cross cut 2x4's cut in half. Cut everything to size. Mounted making sure that ever thing fits.. Drilled the holes into the cross beams and will screw them in the back side.  Did the same thing to the main up and down supports.  All that is left to do is sand, stain and apply some polyurethane (x4 coats) put everything back together. I will load more as thing progress.   
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Good project....it'll look very good that way... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Very nice......it's a winner  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

P4Angels

b125killer

Nice video, you did a good job Aron.
Scott

Mugwump

Looks awful good in there............nice job
Jon