• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 09:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178

Main Air system

Started by P4Angels, September 07, 2014, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

What a day yesterday....   We were out doing our run rounds, came home and the main Air Pump for our fish room was DOA.. (it did have some pressure just not enough to do anything)  Not sure for how long so panic was starting to set in. Thank Good for my drip system.  I flipped it on to get them some air from the in coming water..   I went to craigslist and started looking for something and behold there was this:

Long story short We picked this up for 100.00 installed it in under 2 min and back up and pumping air like a champ....  Now I have to the kit to redo the old one and have that as a backup hmmmm
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

One of those...'whew' moments....glad it's ok now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Scary.  You were very lucky.  What kind of pump is the old one?
Always move forward. Never look back.

JC

That's a great find!  I would've scooped that up if I saw it too!  How many lines is it running?

P4Angels

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 07, 2014, 01:54:30 PM
Scary.  You were very lucky.  What kind of pump is the old one?

Her is the information on the old pump
http://medo-water.com/la-45b.html

Here is the rebuild Kit for $69.00: http://www.septicsolutions.net/store/medopistonrepairkits.html I will have to get one and have this on hot stand by if it ever happens again....    169.00 is still cheaper then getting a new one....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

LizStreithorst

Gosh, I'm surprised that it failed on you.  Medo pumps NEVER fail.  I have some that are ancient but still run.  Will you have to replace the piston?

P4Angels

That rebuild kit comes with:

1 Complete Piston Assembly
1 Air Filter
Gasket Replacements

Figured while i'm in there just do the whole thing

P4Angels

Quote from: JC on September 07, 2014, 06:30:07 PM
That's a great find!  I would've scooped that up if I saw it too!  How many lines is it running?

That bump can handle 40 to 50 lines... Im not even close to that in the main room (last count was 26)...  That pump is not completely dead it does get some air out but nothing near what it should.... Yup have to get the rebuild kit and see how thing go from there...

Ron Sower

It looks like the ones that Jehmco sells.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Jemco linear poston pumps are made by medo.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 08, 2014, 07:17:02 AM

Jehmco pumps rock!!!!!!  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I was thinking that!
Jehmco does rock! They really walked thru it all with me when I purchased the pump for my rack setup I had in the past.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 08, 2014, 10:43:49 AM

I was thinking that!
Jehmco does rock! They really walked thru it all with me when I purchased the pump for my rack setup I had in the past.

John's real good at visualizing your needs....that's what makes JEHMCO so good...
Jon

LizStreithorst

The lady there (I don't know her name) is excellent, too.  I can't do math and always have to ask them to convert grams to tablespoons.  She did it for me but then went to check, I guess with John, to make sure she was right.  They're my favorite folks to order from.