• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 05:41:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

moving suck!

Started by b125killer, September 06, 2014, 11:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

It sucks even more when it's not your stuff and it's a 10 hour drive to get there.  Oh it gets better! My great aunt is a hoarder! She has a dozen cats, that run the house. It smells like a hot turd soaked in ammonia.  The plus side of Alzheimer's we through most of her crap our and she won't remember it. Everything had cat fecal matter on it! The roaches were the only things living happily in that dump. At least it's done. I took a very long extremely hot shower and through my clothes away. Now I'm getting ready to go to sleep got a 10 hour ride back home in the morning. We might stop at the St. Louis Arch tomorrow.  That will be the only high light of this trip.
Scott

Ron Sower

You are a real trooper, Scott!
safe trip home!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

That's tough stuff Scott.  A friend of mine went throughthe same thing with her mother in law.

Enjoy the arch. Hope you get some down time at home.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

..have a safe trip back, bro.....a job well done, kudos... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I made it home safely.  We didn't stop at the arch.  I had to drive the moving truck. That was a hole new level of suck! But at least everone made it home. I checked on the fish. It's amazing how dirty there tanks get after a few days of not cleaning them. That's my next thing to do.  The koi fry survived on the frozen bbs. It's a good thing to. They have to eat it one more day. I'll start a new batch tomorrow morning.
Scott

Mugwump

....Sleep, and playing with your fish will do wonders for your psyche, after the trip etal...... ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Glad you made it home well Scott. ;D It sounds like it was one hell of an ordeal but soon you'll be glad you did it. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

Try driving a moving truck for 29+ years. And moving everything from hoarders to antiques everyday.
No fun but pays the bills