• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 156
Total: 157

Loading up Ducky....

Started by Ron Sower, August 27, 2014, 10:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...and heading to Central Washington to Twisp...Riverbend RV Park at noon today. Actually, stopping over in Wenatchee for tonight at the cousins' home and we're all heading out from there tomorrow to Twisp. We've been doing this on Memorial Day and Labor Day for the past several years now. I guess that's what led us to get the pop-up last year, and this year, Ducky.

So, there'e been a leak in Ducky's roof and the air conditioner hasn't worked since we got him. (Forum newcomers..."Ducky'' is our 23 ft. Fleetwood Mallard traivel trailer we got second-hand this spring. He's named after Dr. Mallard on NCIS, one of our most favorite TV shows!) So, we've had Ducky in the shop a couple times, between trips this summer, to get the AC repaired, then again to get the roof resealed. The shop is telling me that we need a new roof altogether and to replace it, and the interior soft ceiling panel, it will cost about $6K. A roof for my house won't cost much more than that!

Have any of you done a replacement roof on a travel trailer yourself? If so, was it a real PITA?, or relatively easy? I will be getting several quotes for the work to be done because this time I won't be in a rush for it like the last 2 times.

Input is appreciated, my forum friends!

I'll have sketchy wi-fi this weekend, but I'll work on trying to keep up with you here.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 27, 2014, 10:55:00 AM
...and heading to Central Washington to Twisp...Riverbend RV Park at noon today. Actually, stopping over in Wenatchee for tonight at the cousins' home and we're all heading out from there tomorrow to Twisp. We've been doing this on Memorial Day and Labor Day for the past several years now. I guess that's what led us to get the pop-up last year, and this year, Ducky.

So, there'e been a leak in Ducky's roof and the air conditioner hasn't worked since we got him. (Forum newcomers..."Ducky'' is our 23 ft. Fleetwood Mallard traivel trailer we got second-hand this spring. He's named after Dr. Mallard on NCIS, one of our most favorite TV shows!) So, we've had Ducky in the shop a couple times, between trips this summer, to get the AC repaired, then again to get the roof resealed. The shop is telling me that we need a new roof altogether and to replace it, and the interior soft ceiling panel, it will cost about $6K. A roof for my house won't cost much more than that!

Have any of you done a replacement roof on a travel trailer yourself? If so, was it a real PITA?, or relatively easy? I will be getting several quotes for the work to be done because this time I won't be in a rush for it like the last 2 times.

Input is appreciated, my forum friends!

I'll have sketchy wi-fi this weekend, but I'll work on trying to keep up with you here.

If you know where the leak is..??..use marine adhesive caulk......nobody sees the top of the roof anyway really....the inside?...ask a car upholstery shop for a quote...then use the sealant inside after they strip out the old liner....then insulate and let them fit the new liner in there...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

6000.00 sounds like way too much to me. Do what Jon said.
Barb

P4Angels

Go to yourtube.com and look it up ... Im sure you will find something there....

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Ron Sower

Got to Wenatchee....set up Ducky in front of their house. We're roughing it...no electricity!!!! We'll be off and running mid morning.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

..yee haaaaa.....you're on the way..be safe and have a great time  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Got home late yesterday afternoon. Great trip. We drove through and around a lot of the burned areas you may have read about or seen on the news. We'd see a home burned to the ground and a half mile later we'd see one still standing where the fire had come right to the edge of the lawn.  Irrigation, I believe, saved a lot of homes and definitely the orchards.

It was a fun trip with cousins and family. They all left on Monday and Lucy and I stayed one more day to avoid the traffic. That worked out well. All we did was read and play a couple card games. Lazy weekend...! But fun!

I hope the rest of you did well in the happy holiday department.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Sounds like you all had a great time. It's good to just get away for a bit.. ;D
Jon