• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:33:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

Egg bound Angels

Started by Jdmcfast, December 02, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

Does anyone have experience with angelfish getting egg bound? I'm not sure but I'm beginning to wonder if on of my Angels is, she has been looking full of eggs for a couple of weeks. I don't know if she just doesn't like the male she is with or what, but I've never seen an angel look this big for so long and not do anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Mugwump

Sometimes they'll hold, but has she been pooping??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Yes she is still eating and pooping and for that matter acting completely normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Mugwump

She sounds loaded....have you tried a real cool water change to trigger spawning?..sometimes a real good water change sets em off....is she with a different male?....are the pair alone??...lots of things can make her hold........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson