• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Raphael's

Started by Mugwump, December 02, 2012, 07:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Mine are the Platydoras armatulus..or 'Southern striped catfish'...sometimes referred to as the 'talker'....I have three that we got when we picked up a free used 50gal tall, a couple years back. They're in a 110 gal and have pretty much reached their full size of about 8+ inches. They are mostly  nocturnal....but will come out every morning for their 'Frenzy'....I'll try to get a vid one of these mornings.....I call it.."when the big boys come out to rumble"...LOL..they have a very unique catfish style of foraging for the food...and everybody gets out of their way...except maybe a big BN male who claims a larger chunk as his own....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

I've seen those in pet shops before but never had any. They are really beautiful!
Jo

b125killer

Your Raphael's are crazy. They all try to fit in one hole that's barely big enough for one of them. it's funny seeing them try it.   
Scott

Jo

LOL! I think we need a video of that!
Jo