• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Koi Spawn...

Started by Mugwump, December 01, 2012, 08:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

This spawn is looking very healthy too....good streamers....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Really hard to get a good shot of their colors showing, but they're only a week or so free swimming and showing signs of being an exceptional spawn. These are from a pairing off the 'One eyed Willy' and 'Princess' lines. This has been a ptoject of mine, over the years they have been crossed and recrossed with my 'original' line. There has been no outside angel stock brought in the use, except 8 dimes from Jeff Bollbach (Lute17) back in 2006. They were used to cross into 4 different lines and then selected fry were grow for use in further crossing. The 'Original' pair were two Blue Koi from a Gold Marble ghost spawn. I'm enjoying the ride...LOL...it's nice to see it all change and grow..over and over.....

Parents....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

A little better shot of the spawn.....colors show up better anyway...LOL

Jon

Mugwump

Thanks Aron....time will tell..but this shows signs of being a good one....

Jon

Jo

Too cool! So exciting to watch them grow into little angels!
Jo

b125killer

Scott

ilroost

BallAquatics

Nice looking fish Jon, congratulations on the spawn!   ;)

Dennis

Jdmcfast

Very, very nice Jon! Great sign showing that much color that young!
Josh

P4Angels

Shazam!!! WOW!!! now that is cool
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Thanks folks, I was eye balling them this afternoon and the dark is starting to come in...I want to 'cherry pick' the one's with the most marbling this time around.
Jon

PaulineMi

Your koi look great Jon!  I love the profile of the parents' heads.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 12, 2012, 06:50:53 PM

Thanks, Josh....a lot of fry, and cross's were done to start to get these. Worth the trip...LOL...I have a few more cross's to try. I need to be able to get better Koi, and sustain the line. Next up is adding getting more red..especially in the crown..
Jon

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on December 12, 2012, 07:01:39 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on December 12, 2012, 06:50:53 PM

Thanks, Josh....a lot of fry, and cross's were done to start to get these. Worth the trip...LOL...I have a few more cross's to try. I need to be able to get better Koi, and sustain the line. Next up is adding getting more red..especially in the crown..

Sounds like we need to do some swapping around there JM