• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

earthworm flakes

Started by ilroost, November 30, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

yesterday i went to the lfs to look around, they had earthworm flakes on sale(not that i needed any fish food), so i bought some. get home and feed all the tanks. then i started reading the side of it,DO NOT FEED TO AFRICAN RIFT CICHLIDS. to late already did. everyone seems fine today, but i was wondering why not to feed to them? anybody have any idea as to why this is?I thought earthworms were the food of choice for any fish.

BallAquatics

Probably a little thing known as "Malawi Bloat".

Dennis

ilroost

Dennis i just looked that up and it looks like you could be right on this one. it also say's not to feed bloodworms and brine shrimp which i do on occassion. been keeping cichlids for years and never had a problem, looks like i have been lucky

Rjb3

Correct. Your best bet is Veggie foods.

BallAquatics

Quote from: ilroost on November 30, 2012, 05:45:52 PM
Dennis i just looked that up and it looks like you could be right on this one....

I kept cichlids for about 30 years before I entered my bonsai state of fish keeping.  LOL

Dennis