• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

Replashy foods

Started by Mugwump, July 19, 2014, 05:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..anyone still using these foods, there for awhile, it seemed that everyone was giving them a try....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

Do you like them JR? I haven't heard much about it anymore.
Scott

BallAquatics

Are we talking about the Repashy gel food?

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 19, 2014, 09:59:30 PM
Are we talking about the Repashy gel food?

Dennis

Yes, Ted Judy was big on using repashy, and selling it..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I had stop using flake food for about a year. My fish love it I dont like fixing it. I tried some of Captain Bob food my fish like it just as well and look better.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on July 20, 2014, 07:19:26 AM
I had stop using flake food for about a year. My fish love it I dont like fixing it. I tried some of Captain Bob food my fish like it just as well and look better.

Same here, I tried it, but making it became a pain in the butt. Agreed, Bob has great foods.... ;D..and much better ingredients too...
Jon

BallAquatics

I fed lots of it for about 18 months.  I think it's great food, but there is a lot of great food out there these days.  I didn't notice any improvements with spawning except for the Otocinclus.  The Soilent Green gel works wonders for bringing back Otos from the LFS that are in very poor condition, (most of them sadly).

Dennis

Ron Sower

I still use it from time to time. Several different kinds. Occasionally I mix them up since mostly mine a community tanks.

Preparation is a stinky situation according to my wife, so I take the boiling water from the microwave out to the deck (right beside the kitchen) and mix it outside, and I just let it gel there. No odor inside. Fish love it.

Some of our club members, or maybe I read it here, will sprinkle the dry powder into a tank of fry and feed them that way.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It sounded great but the Discus people gave it thumbs down and I didn't have any money at the time so I never tried it.  My go to food that fish of any age can eat after BBS that doesn't foul the water is live CBWs from Dan.  Live cost a lot due to shipping but they are worth the money
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I only used it for a short time.  Didn't see an advantage to it so I lost interest in making up batches of it. I agree with Dennis regarding it being good but there are many "ready to serve" quality foods out there.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

We feed the spawn ad grow.... to the fry.... I don't do all the water boiling I just feed it out of the bottle....   If you have not had luck with angel or discus then I recommend reading in the DIY section about how to make thee feeding discs's.  Have had allot of luck with them in the past...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...