• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 10:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

more angel pics

Started by b125killer, July 05, 2014, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Some of Ed's Koi's play in the big tank.

I like the dorsal on these guys.

The last one is the new pair I got from Jon. The PB leopard and PB silver pearl.   
Scott

Mugwump

Nice pics, Scott......the bow front looks awesome !!!...I need to get up there and check it out  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Those are great Scott and Ed's Koi are looking great also.  is that sand that you have in there? If so what type?  I'm thinking about putting some sand in my 46 BF which is currently bare bottom.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

That's a nice group of angels you have.  I especially like the PB silver.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks guys, yes willie that's sand in there. It does have some disadvantages. It will compact and trap gasses so I stir  it every so often. The wast doesn't sink into the sand like it does with rock. That's a good and bad thing.  It makes cleaning the wast up easier,  if I'm not careful I can suck up a lot of sand too. And there's always a spot i miss when clean wast up. The benefits out way the disadvantages.The sand doesn't harm the barblels on the cories and loaches. They love to dig In to the sand to find tasty treats.
I get my sand at a swimming pool store by my house. But I have used play sand from the hardware store. Pool filter sand is a seasonal item at the hardware store.
  The pool filter sand is crushed quartz and white. It will dull once in the tank for some time. But I'm okay with that. The play sand is just what you would expect from sand. It's more of a earth tone. It does look good in the tank. But you need to clean it a lot more than pool filter sand before putting it in the tank. It's the cost the sold me on sand. You can get 50 ponds of play sand under $5. The pool filter sand is $10 for 50 pounds.
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on July 06, 2014, 10:50:09 AM
Thanks guys, yes willie that's sand in there. It does have some disadvantages. It will compact and trap gasses so I stir  it every so often. The wast doesn't sink into the sand like it does with rock. That's a good and bad thing.  It makes cleaning the wast up easier,  if I'm not careful I can suck up a lot of sand too. And there's always a spot i miss when clean wast up. The benefits out way the disadvantages.The sand doesn't harm the barblels on the cories and loaches. They love to dig In to the sand to find tasty treats.
I get my sand at a swimming pool store by my house. But I have used play sand from the hardware store. Pool filter sand is a seasonal item at the hardware store.
  The pool filter sand is crushed quartz and white. It will dull once in the tank for some time. But I'm okay with that. The play sand is just what you would expect from sand. It's more of a earth tone. It does look good in the tank. But you need to clean it a lot more than pool filter sand before putting it in the tank. It's the cost the sold me on sand. You can get 50 ponds of play sand under $5. The pool filter sand is $10 for 50 pounds.

I want it mainly because of the cories but it looks good too. I was in Petco and they wanted 18 dollars for 20 pounds.  50 pounds for 10 dollars sounds like a sweet deal to me. lol  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

I have black sand in mine. You can buy it at any hardware store for 8 bucks for 50 pounds. It is black blasting sand. I get it at Menards

b125killer

I have heard of using the black blasting sand too. How is it to clean before you put it in the tank? I have got smaller bags of colored sand and mixed it with the pool sand for a little bit of color
Scott

ilroost

Takes awhile to clean it. I rinse it outside in a bucket forever it seems but looks nice when done and ready for the tank

b125killer

That's another benefit with pool sand. It already clean. I rinse it a few times and put it in the tank. The tank doesn't get that cloudy.  The picture I have of the 155 was set up only hours before that pic was taking. 
Scott