• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

My Trip Too....

Started by b125killer, July 04, 2014, 12:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Peoria, Illinois. My good Friend Dan called the other night asking if I could help him pick up a motorcycle he won on a police auction web site, It was In Peoria. This is a guy who at a moments notice will drop everything he is doing to help me out with whatever I need, Most of the time when I need help it's to move a big heavy fish tank. The last time he helped me we carried a 250 pound tank the length of a football field. So I can't say no when he calls me for help.
First off he picks me up in his minivan. I was thinking we were going to take my truck, Nope I was wrong. He told me that it could fit in the van. I was fine with that, I have seen him fit things in the back of his other suv that should of fit. We get to the police impound yard and there was two cops waiting for us. the guy that runs the auction wasn't there yet. so we looked over the bike and told the cops are plans. they were laughing at us until we got it in the van. We had to take a few things off the bike to get it to fit but it went in there. We put the back in first, that was the easy part. Then we picked up the front and pushed this bike all the way in. As Dan was pulling his arm out I seen nothing but blood squirting out of his forearm. As it turns out the bike has blade brake and clutch levers for those that don't know what these things are Here is a pic. When Dan was pushing the bike in the blade had cut him right to the bone! and when he pulled out it made it worse. When the cops seen what happened they called for the paramedics. and filed a accident report. so we had to wait for them to get there. they pretty much said it was a bad cut and he needed to go to the ER. that was something we already knew. So we left them and the pool of blood for evidence and DNA if they wish to clone Dan. After we got back to Rockford Dan went to the ER. I called him when I got home from Jon's to see if he still has a arm. He said it was as bad as it looked. Went to the bone with the added benefit of the tip of the blade piercing the periosteum several times. After lots of pain meds 6 internal stitches and 8 external they sent him home. I could hear in his voice he wasn't in much pain. He told me the bike is still in the van, and  he couldn't get it out. said he'll call tomorrow for help. I'm thinking he's not going to want to deal with it tomorrow but we'll see. 

Scott

BillT

Mugwump

.....some lever handles there....ouch....that had to hurt...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Geez.....those things look lethal! Dan is going to be hurting for awhile.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Quite a story Scott.  Someone will have to explain why those blades would be on a bike.  What are they for? 
Barb

wsantia1

Ouch! That must have been a heck of bloody mess.  I guessing that bike is going to be in that Van for a while.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

There the levers for the break and clutch. On most bikes there all smooth and rounded.  Apparently these are a after market "up grades". I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want them on a bike that can do 150mph. There kind of dangerous with the dike standing still. I couldn't or wouldn't want to imagine what would happen if there was a  accident.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on July 04, 2014, 09:03:17 AM
There the levers for the break and clutch. On most bikes there all smooth and rounded.  Apparently these are a after market "up grades". I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want them on a bike that can do 150mph. There kind of dangerous with the dike standing still. I couldn't or wouldn't want to imagine what would happen if there was a  accident.

"Nightmare on Elm street".............'Freddie' handles.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The after market ones look cool as grits but what idiot would want them on his motorcycle?  I guess the guy who had his bike sold at a police got his revenge.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

My husband had a crash and burn on his Harley. The bike was full of aftermarket safety features. His helmet was cracked and the leather was torn off his boots. He spent a week in the hospital. They considered flying him to a hospital with a burn unit due to his road rash. I shudder when I see "cool" where a motorcycle is involved.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

ilroost

My Harley has all the cool aftermarket parts and love it!
I don't sweat the crashing thing to much, been down on it before and have lost a few good brothers on their bikes.
I look at it this way. if it's your time then it's your time!!!

Mugwump

I crashed an old Honda Super Hawk about 6 days before Jan and I were married....a few days in the hospital and then, scabs/scars/etal....I was at the head of the aisle...I'd have crawled to be there...
Jon

b125killer

Motorcycles are dangerous enough with out adding daggers to them. The kid that owned the bike before was clocked going 120 in a 55. Then he tried to out run the cops. He got it for fleeing to elude. No insurance no valid drivers license.  And reckless endangerment. Where he's at he can't ride a bike anyways. 
Scott

Mugwump

Yep...they van be if driven like an idiot....I got popped by a guy coming off a side/cross street....at least he stopped....it was about 2AM, and not a busy road....
Jon

PaulineMi

We had a car/bike fatal crash 1/4 mile up the road from our house one night just after moving here, 10 years ago. The family of the biker put memorial markers where it happened. I pass that spot daily and the reminder of the screaming and crying stays fresh in my mind each time I go by it.   :'(

However I do agree that bikes are cool and can be made to look awesome.  Sometimes I wonder how much safer we are on our bicycles or in my husband's smallish convertible.

Mr. ilroost.....may we please see a picture of your Harley?  I ask from a Harley admirer's point of view.  ;)