• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 07:51:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

Spawns

Started by b125killer, June 21, 2014, 07:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...good luck with em.....things seem to be coming around for ya...cool... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Yep, my koi fry are growing nicely.  I lost a lot more then I would of liked. And I haven't seen any with orange ventral fins yet but there still small. Eb babies are growing nicely.I also gave a few friends some of Ed's koi.  I did have a spawn of long fin BN's.  Not sure why but he kicked the eggs out of the cave. I seen the angel fry swimming with pleco eggs. That sucked but it was kind of funny seeing the fry carrying the big pleco eggs around.
Scott

b125killer

I have platinum wigglers.  I lost a lot of of them but ther might of been a lot of peroxide in there too. I'm happy to see something living in there. Now let's see if I can get them to free swim. 
Scott

Mugwump

Super., good luck...remember that peroxide should dissipate in 12 hrs, or less, it shouldn't have hurt them.....now you can lower the dose to 1/2 cap per the whole 2 1/2 gal tank, and they'll do fine.... I have three batches of fry growing that I did that way, the survival rate boomed......it's just enough to keep bacteria at bay.....you can stop when you plop the little sponge in there....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks guy's.  I did put a little peroxide in today. I didn't put it in at the beginning,  I probably should of but I just cleaned it with the peroxide so I figured there should be plenty left over. Once the plats and wild cross go into a bigger tank I'm going to clean all the breeding supplies.
Scott

wsantia1

I have 3 spawns being working right now.  The plats, the Mana x and a Mana X x Plat.  All are in the community tanks. Since I've been dis-infecting my set up to get rid of any bad stuff I did not have the slates in the tanks so they spawned on the glass, the intake tube and a heater electrical wire. :o lol  ;D

The plats have been taking good care of the spawn on the glass so if they get them to the point where they are going to free swim I'll try to pick off a few. 8)

The rest I really have no hope for. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.